“A taste of real Malta”

Ranked #1 of 1 Tarxien B&B and Inns
Tullamore, Ireland
“A taste of real Malta”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The house is well decorated and fully renovated. The family are very friendly, welcoming and obliging. A great place to relax and a good base to get a taste of the real Malta, away from the tourist hotspots with good bus access to the whole of the island.

It's a bit like the Tardis, small on the outside but deceptively roomy inside

There was nothing I didn't enjoy about my stay at the Burrow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevinb1115

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Advance contact was made with me by the hosts, with helpful suggestions and advice. The Hypogeum is nearby, and you will be reminded to book early. Several courtesies were offered over and above the expected hospitality. Any needs were responded too quickly and well. It was nice to be in Tarxien. I enjoyed meeting many friendly Malta residents in the streets, in shops and on public transit. The Burrow's renovations are well done. Its host family is super. And it is a comfortable retreat from whatever the day has otherwise offered the traveler or tourist. You will be well-located for activities throughout the Island of Malta.

I was very pleased with my stay at The Burrow. My needs were fully met.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dan R
Bristol
Reviewed May 14, 2013

So glad we picked this really unusual guest house for our last night of our holiday in Malta. Our hosts were so welcoming and made you feel at home as soon as you walked over the threshold. It appears small from the outside but as they have 5 children and I think there were at least 10 guests this is deceptive. You could have dinner if you booked at a very reasonable price and was excellent. We sat down with 8 other French guests and had a very entertaining evening as they spoke very little English and we spoke about the same amount of French. Our room on the ground was very big all in stone with arches and an inglenook fireplace. The only thing that could have been better were directions. We spent time going round and round the maze of one way streets. However the owner said he was intending to get signs put up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynda46
Kiev, Ukraine

Hello everyone,
I had opportunity to stay in Burrow in 2012(may) , that made my trip unforgettable and amazing ! In 2013(may) I was back again, because I used to come back to the places I used to love to.

I love everything about The Burrow, their warm hospitality, when my day is starting from breakfast with always a good company around. The food is always fresh and everywhere is clean , that what I really like about this place. Chiara ( the mother of 5 great kids) is an amazing cooker, the food is always so beautiful and tasty.
Fred who is a great composer will make your stay as interesting and musical as it possible.

The Burrow is my best choice which I highly recommend you ;)

Marina.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marina A
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at The Burrows in Tarxien, with Chiara and her family. They managed to rebuild their house in an amazing hotel, with lots and lots of atmosphere. Since the family-life also finds place in the hotel, the stay feels really warm, local and personal. The location is really nice: quiet and you can take a bus (81&82 runs every 10 minute or so) to Valetta an back, a taxi to the airport takes about 10 minutes...

If your looking for a 4-star hotel, look further, otherwise this place is recommended: we were with a party of 10 and we all enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Since alll rooms have very different character, be specific on forehand on what you're looking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marcel L
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed May 6, 2013

this is what i heard from another guest after the dinner we had with the burrow family (dinner cooked by Chiara)...and believe me, it's hard to hear 'i'm satisfied'.....
Chiara & Frank offer what they are to every guest: an example of 'being yourself' also if you are running a business....doesn't sound like 'staying at home'????
Laura S.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and me had a fantastic time on Malta and it was the best decision to stay at The Burrow. The family with the five wonderful children was incredibly hospitable and the house is a piece of jewelry. You can reach easily every part of the Island by bus and visit the Tarxien Temple by foot. We really felt homelike!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bea29052005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarxien
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Water's Edge
#1 of 2 in Birzebbuga
Julesy's BnB
Julesy's BnB
#1 of 2 in Cospicua (Bormla)

Been to The Burrow? Share your experiences!