I had been to RBR , but only for lunch. On this visit I stayed three nights and did not want to leave.
The entire resort is perfect for the single traveler, couples or families...start with the beach...just steps away from the cabins and a very safe beach. With the tide out , at least 100 meters of sand, which is great for kids, joggers , or in my case simply walking and you can walk for miles picking up interesting shells along the way. Very few if any others walking on the beach.
The cabins are perfect, there are 6 one bedroom cabins and very close to the water, all with covered decks so one can sit and read or have a quiet conversation. The other is currently two bedrooms, but the owners are adding a third bedroom downstairs. Great linens and good mattress . There is cable TV, but I was more interested in enjoying the view. They offer various tours, but again, I was content to stay by the beach. Around the dining and bar area, there is soft background music also at an appropriate volume level
The owners offer several selections for food and all the beverages one would desire. While I was there fresh fish and shrimp were brought to the resort as well as fresh fruits and vegetables . Every meal was tasty and well prepared.
The owners, Mike and Stacy are pros at operations and customer service. They tailor the service for each guest...if you want to sit and read and relax, they will not disturb you...but if you need assistance, food, beverages , they are there to help. The other staff are young locals that were very well trained and polite.
Highly recommend a visit and I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redwood Beach Resort is located on the beach in Mechapa, Nicaragua. Each of our beautiful villas have a large private bathroom, private balcony, air conditioning, and a breathtaking view of a secluded, clean, and safe beach. Our oceanfront restaurant serves fresh seafood dishes and international cuisine. We offer the Mechapa Papa All-Inclusive Tour. The resort also offers adventure tour packages and activities, including ocean fishing, kayaking the Estero Padre Ramos, horseback riding, tours of the Volcano Cosiguina, motorcycle and quadcycle rentals, and more. Truly a Hidden Paradise! Our passion is customizing your vacation stay so that you leave with incredible memories and an unforgettable trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Redwood Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redwood Beach Hotel Mechapa
- Redwood Beach Resort Nicaragua/Mechapa