This review is a year overdue, literally and I am so sorry for the delay. My wife and I came here last summer for our Honey Moon. We knew a little about the place from the web, but more importantly we knew it was unique and away from it all. We stayed from June 11th through the 26th. We chose to get Machapapapa Package because we wanted to relax and have everything taken care of except presents to bring home. This was the perfect decision because it really let us drop all worries. We were picked up with champagne waiting for us and whisked 3 hours from the busy streets of Managua to the sleep village of Mechapa.
Mike and Stacy are so kind and energetic that you begin to relax almost immediately. It is so relaxing that it takes a while to truly enjoy it and settle in. We were the only visitors for the majority of the trip and I think that helped make things so peaceful for us. We had almost every meal in the restaurant and the food was delicious. The fresh seafood from the fishermen down the road never got old and the cooking was terrific.
Our cabana was so comfortable and clean. We were 10 steps from the beach and 50 yards from the water. We had satellite tv for the nights when dinner was done and we wanted to do something else. It was like having our own private beach for two weeks.
Mike taught me to ride a motorcycle which was a high-light because we could take the dirt bike and cruise up the beach and make a place for ourselves to picnic, swim, read, and relax. He also taught me to weld and harvest coconuts; all at my request. (I am a bit strange, but I like to learn where I can). Stacy also taught me how to butcher fish for our meals which hasn't been all that helpful at home, but at least I know now. My wife wanted to milk a cow by hand and we got that checked off the list too. Honestly, the lifestyle there is so different from home and we loved it.
I love horses and we got to go riding through an estuary. I recommend loose clothing and lots of bug spray, but if you like to ride it is cool. If you aren't thrilled by horses you can probably skip that one, I loved it though. The excursions are fun, but the atmosphere, relaxation, and company that Mike and Stacy provide are really what this place is all about. They even bought a pinata for my wife's birthday while we were there! I really highly recommend this place for a one of a kind trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redwood Beach Resort is located on the beach in Mechapa, Nicaragua. Each of our beautiful villas have a large private bathroom, private balcony, air conditioning, and a breathtaking view of a secluded, clean, and safe beach. Our oceanfront restaurant serves fresh seafood dishes and international cuisine. We offer the Mechapa Papa All-Inclusive Tour. The resort also offers adventure tour packages and activities, including ocean fishing, kayaking the Estero Padre Ramos, horseback riding, tours of the Volcano Cosiguina, motorcycle and quadcycle rentals, and more. Truly a Hidden Paradise! Our passion is customizing your vacation stay so that you leave with incredible memories and an unforgettable trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Redwood Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redwood Beach Hotel Mechapa
- Redwood Beach Resort Nicaragua/Mechapa