All reviewsattention to detaillittle touchesat homeafternoon teaexmoor national parksmall hotelcar windscreenexcellent foodnational trustnothing is too much troublecomplimentary mini barmany thankslocal produceon arrivalevening mealwarm welcomewonderful hotel
Reviewed April 19, 2012

What a find, a freshly restored farm house offering B&B, restuarant and, for us, afternoon tea. Excellent hospitality including a tour of the house and rooms. The food arrived on a three foot high stand, not seen the like of that before. Several teas to choose from (I enjoyed the Oolong) and champagne to accompany the sandwiches, scones, chocolate cake and delightful patisserie. Great value too. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Cross Lane House used to be run by my mum and dad: Mr and Mrs Pluck from 1981 to 1994 approximately. We were very sad to see, on our annual pilgrimage back to Allerford and surrounding areas, that the house had fallen into a very sad state of disrepair. We were thrilled to see that it was one again open when we returned on 1st April. My mum and dad, both in their late 70's gingerly approached the owners to book dinner. They were made so welcome and we were all given a tour of the property. Well, I can only say it is spectacular - what a wonderful place it has become. We had dinner there and all of us have decided to return for a stay in one of the lovely bedrooms and sample more of the very beautifully presented and fantastic tasting food. See you soon......

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cherine K
bardswalk, Owner at Cross Lane House, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

It was a delight to meet you all. We had heard so much about your parents and the heyday of Cross Lane House and it was a privilege to mee them. We have Mr Plucks's book "A Taste of Cross Lane House" and will slowly be introducing his dishes back to the menu. We very much look forward to meeting you all again.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had two nights ad Crosslane House this easter, and had a wonderful stay. Max and Andrew were very welcoming, the room I stayed in was gorgeous, warm and comfortable, and the food was very good. the House has tons of character and its in a great location, with very easy access to Exmoor. I cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JulianBurton
bardswalk, Manager at Cross Lane House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

On behalf of the team at Cross Lane House we thank you for choosing to stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I live in the area so we thought we would give it a try. My girlfriend was very impressed that they did champagne by the glass which is very much her thing. I had a nice fresh orange juice to drink both served in gleaming wine glasses. The Lunch menu looked very appetizing but we opted for the cream tea. The cream tea was awesome it arrived on a tall tray with nice clean napkins and flash cutlery.
The owners were very welcoming and showed us around the property which they have clearly spared no expense on improving. Its a lovely old farmhouse which is very clean and well decorated, with a modern fresh menu. I am looking forward to coming back and dining in the restaurant during the summer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh W
bardswalk, Owner at Cross Lane House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Your comments are much appreciated. We are in our early days and are working hard to gain a reputation for quality. We look forward to welcoming you back, our local community is very important to us.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a most wonderful stay at Cross Lane House. This house is oozing with history and the hospitality, food superb and gorgeous bedrooms will certainly encourage people to keep on going back. We can't wait to go again and again and again!!!!!! Well done Max and Andrew, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family