“Balm for the body and the soul”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Vancouver, Canada
“Balm for the body and the soul”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been reluctant to write of my delight in The Farm as I do not want in inundated with too many visitors… as I love the calm peace of the place, over and above the treatments. However that is unfair on the Farm who need continued customers. The whole place is beautifully and professionally managed and run. Just lovely as a Spa trip with real healing provided.

I have been to the Farm 3 times now… it is so special for quiet, healing and calming and re pacing your life.
The treatments - and I only did the spa not the deep cleansing, were all excellent. Every therapist is well trained.I like you can buy a package with everything included or if you like pay separately for things. so it works for all your preferences.
The entirely Vegan diet is amazing… and I say that as a regular meat eater…you will not miss your meat - the chefs make eye appeal and deliciousness their first priority however it is a very healthy diet.

I did 4 nights and was on my own… but being with a special person would be lovely too. 4 days was sort of enough as I needed a break but i imagine if you needed to boost your immune system a longer stay would be very benefice,

Room Tip: I was in the Palmyra room, but have stayed in a larger villa that was lovely. I would tend to avoid...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Jill35dg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This place is really, really beautiful. They have managed to tame the lush greenery into amazing landscapes which surround water features like lakes and pools...I have lots of images in my mind of the nooks and crannies -- a beautiful library that looks out onto a pond and garden as if it were almost floating, the gorgeous spa, amazing walks (and I hate to walk), the flowers, birds, the PEACE.

And that's just it, if you can't handle peace and silence don't come. This is ideal to do yoga, relax, sleep, read, get massages...There's no party here!

I would advise people to combine it with a trip to the beach, two very different experiences which complement each other, and not far away there is the fantastic sea of Mabini.

I also feel quite a bit of skepticism about what someone can tell about your general health by looking at a drop of your blood right in front of your eyes -- I would think that serious nutritional advice should come after a REAL blood test, though it never hurts to eat fresh food and almost never hurts to have massages.

The letdown for me, however, was precisely the food. I like vegetarian food, but it can be WAY tastier that this -- just keep it simple, no need of cheeses and sauces, good produce and olive oil and you're set!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carina F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Where do you start to write a review on such a wonderful place?!

I stayed in a Garden Villa which meant I had a kingsize 4-poster bed in a spacious room. I also had my own private garden and a covered patio with a pair of sunloungers as well as chairs. There was plenty of room in the garden had I wanted to move this garden furniture into a sunny spot. To the rear of my bedroom there was an interior toilet and wash basin however both the bath and shower were outside. Even though this is the cool season for the Philippines (January) it was still warm enough to shower outside - the water can be run hot and it is a rain shower head.
The other feature about my room I liked was the screen doors that allowed airflow rendering the airconditioner redundant.

My room was probably about the furthest from the reception, restaurant, etc so I enjoyed total peace and quiet other than the joyous sound of nature.
It also meant I had a lovely walk through the wonderful grounds of the property.

The food served in the restaurant was delicious. I knew when I booked that it would be vegan and largely following the raw food principles. Although I am an omnivore this did not put me off and I can honestly say I didn't really notice the lack of animal products on my plate. The kitchen does an amazing job of blending interesting flavours and textures. For both meals I opted to go for the set menu although never all 5 courses as that would have been too much food for me.

I participated in the yoga classes. The instructor easily accommodated the various abilities of the class, giving alternatives. Class sizes were small but that probably varies week by week. The other great thing about the class is that it is held outside but under cover with a stunning view across a small lake to the volcano.

They offer a wide range of massage treatments and alternative/holistic therapies. These are a matter of personal belief, need and taste. I was very happy with the treatment I received. The therapist was very professional and took time to explain what she would be doing and what the benefits were as well as what I should consider working on after I had left the Farm.

True to its name, they also grow their own food here at the Farm and guests are free to wander around this.

I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I loved the peace and quiet of room 16
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Skatexplorer
VeganRules, Guest Relations Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time of staying here with us. It was great to know that you had a peaceful retreat and enjoyed our lovely Garden Villa.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Beautiful property, comforting rooms and an amazing vegan restaurant. We always enjoyed getting the schedule of the next days' activities and classes (from yoga to circuit training to hiking the grounds to a cooking class with the chef) each night at turndown, and every instructor exceeded our expectations.

However, it was the service from the staff - who were always professional, constantly cheerful, and went out of their way to accommodate us at every turn - which really made our stay special. We had been traveling for 2 weeks and badly needed laundry service. Done. We were craving a connection to the outside world (not Zen, I know) and asked for a TV in our room. Done. After we booked our ride to the airport, they called the room to suggest an earlier pickup in case we encountered traffic. They were right. We were even comped for several services in a way that gave the impression it just made them feel good to improve our stay.

Thanks to everyone involved. We would return anytime. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nick C
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 10, 2014

i was able to secure a great deal at deal grocer. i was one of the people who were able to grab their 3 days and two night stay at the farm last december. i have been wanting to come to the farm since it is not far from where i am, i am just around cavite. i was so excited when i finally were able to get a confirmed booking. what can i say, i am lost for words on how simple, peaceful and collected the place is. i have the best two days of my life simply because, i could hardly get some peace and quiet from where i came from. the whole place was carefully planned, designed and well pit together exactly where they are supposed to be. i so loved their garden Villa that i wanted a place on my own exactly like one. the management was kin and gracious enough that they invited all their guest to participate and be part of the launch of their newest accommodation. i certainly will comeback sometime.

Room Tip: i personally like the garden villa, i can't say much about the other rooms but i am pretty sure...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mcgs33
Monterey, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Can a place like this exist on earth? Apparently so. If you are to visit one place during your stay in Manila, stay one evening at the farm. Only an hour away and well worth it. I could not imagine a more beautiful setting. I'm afraid my spa treatment left me in a trance for about an hour or two after my treatment. Our meal at Alive! was healthy and delicious. It was truly a spectacularly memorable experience!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank ninja1111
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Farm between Xmas and NY and loved every minute. We were in a Narra Pool Villa which are quite new, spacious and very nicely decorated and with an excellent king bed, I slept like a baby every night. The grounds are beautiful and everything is very well maintained. It is great to walk around and enjoy the peace and quiet.

The food in the restaurant was excellent and beautifully served. The daily changing menu tempted us to go four or five course for both lunch and dinner. We liked it so much that we bought their book with healthy recipes and already made soMe at home. There is also a nice choice of organic beers and a reasonable choice of organic French and Italian wines.

The introduction at the health farm was very good, the doctor listened very well and recommended some treatments. I fell in love with the acupressure treatment, also referred to as Jin Shin Jyutsu. It is amazing how good I felt and how relaxed I was for hours afterwards.

The health sanctuary offers a nice selection of massages, facials etc, we enjoyed several ones and again felt much better afterwards. The facilities are beautiful.

We also took an introduction lesson into yoga which was more intensive than I thought but again a good experience. The location for this is stunning.

The staff are all very friendly, smiling and helpful, in particular the reception staff at the health centre, health sanctuary and Mona at the general reception.

The transfer from Manila airport was arranged by The Farm and all very relaxed so a fairly easy place to get to and an excellent stay to unwind and relax for some days.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!