I loved my experience at The Farm. I was specifically looking for a health retreat to rejuvenate and realign. I was happy with the resort, customer care, food (5*vegan), daily yoga and accommodation. It's a luxury resort that doesn't come cheap, but I enjoyed the exclusivity and 121 attention ( more like 3:1). I stayed for 8 days at palmera suite, and was noticeably thinner/glowing afterwards. I learnt a lot about health, nutrition and the benefits of veganism (tho' I still love my meat):
- Personalised care: As soon as I arrived, I had an appointment with nutritionists/doctors to talk about my health goals. I wanted to detox and rebalance. I was given a personalized schedule shortly afterwards: healthy food, juices and treatments - massage therapy (awesome!), Colema and colon cleansing (first time, felt strange but got use to it). Staff and therapists were v. Professional
- Activities: I'm a yoga fan, so was happy to do yoga twice a day at the main pavilion. It was serene and peaceful. Range of activities is quite limited so bring books etc... I enjoyed walking around town and the vegan cooking workshops
- Gourmet Vegan: Initially had low expectations at the thought of eating rabbit food, but I was really surprised at how delicious, varied and gourmet it was. Never had much exposure to vegan food in the past, but this has honestly changed my viewpoint. My daily diet consisted of vitamins, two juices and one three course meal (changed daily). I looked forward to mealtimes, was pleasantly full and did not crave meat/dairy. Everyday, a staff member would bring freshly sqeezed juices to me, no matter where I was. They have an organic garden and produce their own coconut oil.
- Palerma Suite: Clean, spacious, high ceiling, totally private, green and luxurious. I loved the outdoor showe (felt like an Amazon Queen). The Farm also make soaps, coconut body scrub, mosquito repellent which are provided. Note that there's no TV, but you can rent films (fast food nation, food inc etc). I was happy to not have the distraction
- Environment: beautiful oasis where you can get away and be at peace. I loved the greenery, gardens, secret spots, spa area and free roaming peacocks. There are limited rooms so you can walk around the Farm and literally see no one.
- Yes, it's pricey but you pay for the exclusivity. My eight day stay cost around US3,000, but I felt it was worth it.
- The Farm is located in Batangas, 90 mins from Manila airport. taxi roundtrip is pretty expensive, but convenient.
- They should buy newer fitness equipment and expand the gym. Should also include a wider selection of activities b/c it can get boring, ESP I you are a solo traveller
- There are lots of Mosquitos as it is located by the jungle.
- F &B ordered separately from your dietary schedule is charged at extra cost. It isn't all inclusive (but definitely should be considering the price).
All in all, I would recommend the place. I still eat meat and dairy products now, but have cut down as I am more health conscious
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the Philippines’ Batangas hinterland, The Farm is likened to health nirvana. Choose between pool, garden or jungle-style accommodation before sampling our fresh, award-winning gourmet menu.Practice sunrise/sunset salutations at our lakeside amphitheatre or hit our well-equipped ‘jungle gym’. Our specialists administer complementary and integrative medical therapy within a serene environment and first-class facilities.We don’t do boot camps or subscribe to deprivation. Retreat to The Farm for nourishment and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Farm at San Benito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farm At San Benito Hotel Lipa City
- Farm At San Benito Batangas
- The Farm At San Benito Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines