“What a place to relax and get spoiled!”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. Quite different what we are used to. A beautiful complex with only healthy food made with everything they grow themselves. Although we are not customed to this kind of food it was really super. Also there are many activities such as a view how coconuts are being processed for oil, good and soap among the many things and also we had a very nice activity with Mr. Elmo a specialist in herbs who gave us a very nice introduction where the various plants and herbs were used for. As we could not remember all that was said we asked him to put it in paper and he did it right away. Very much appreciated. Maybe an idea to give guests who are doing this excursion to give them a little hand out after the explanation of Mr. Elmo. In one word a very enjoyable stay at this resort.

Room Tip: Think that all houses and cabins are great. Clean sleeping rooms and bath rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jjalok

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went there March 2013. We booked the Narra Villa a month in advance thru their Manila office (via phone and email confirmation). When we arrived, we could tell that they were surprised to see us. (It seemed that we were not booked after all!).

So they did prepare our room. We could tell that the room was not thoroughly cleaned (there were bits of something on one of the sofas etc). And of all the long row of villas, they decided to give us the one with a huge coconut tree right smack in the middle of the entrance!

The drain in the shower was clogged! And worse, we were informed that the water supply will be cut by midnight and they gave us this tiny pail to fill with water.

We were booked for two nights. But with all the issue, we decided to check out the following morning. IT WASN"T WORTH THE PRICE! And with all our complains, they still had the nerve to ask us to pay for the second night! After much discussion though (and stressful at that!), they finally let us go. So yes it wasn't a relaxing vacation after all.

Just to add, I read that they are upgrading rooms if celebrities/known personalities are the one booking. But for ordinary people, like us!, who are paying in full, the service and amenities just suck! Too bad, we were quite satisfied with our stay with them a few years back! This time it's a different story.

Room Tip: Don't get the narra villa with a coconut tree in the entrance, the shower drain is clogged! Do...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
26  Thank ADF19
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You have to experience this resort at least once. Such a unique experience compared to other resorts in the Philippines, and I’ve been to several high end resorts. We stayed 3days/2 nights during Valentine’s Day with 3 couples and my 2 nephews. We booked a Palmeira Suite and a Garden Villa which were both fantastic. I was truly looking forward to the detox excursion, and the vegan food exceeded my expectations, the surroundings very serene, the landscape stunning, and the free walking ducks and peacocks were fun to watch especially for the kids. There are scheduled activities everyday, so there is something for everyone. I tried the Cholema treatment, and I also had my first beginner yoga experience, but they also have advanced yoga. And imagine doing yoga outdoors near the lake while all your senses are enhanced by the natural surroundings. In so many ways during our stay, I felt my body heal inside and out, mind, body and spirit. Even the amenities in the bathroom were very soothing especially the polish which makes your skin feel like a newly polished shoe.

The female pool attendant was very accommodating and our breakfast was accommodated at the pool. Front desk staff, medical services staff were all friendly, as well as the GM and Resident Manager, who we had the opportunity to meet. All strive to personalize the guest experience and make it a memorable one. I strongly recommend this resort. Just remember to bring lots of insect repellent.

Room Tip: If you plan to bring an infant, you have to rent a villa because it's not adjacent to any other...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kuyakid
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This April, the family decided to spend an overnight trip to The Farm for our wedding anniversary celebration. Our 3 sons were with us and we were hoping to book the new Narra with pool villa but it was fully booked and we got the Anahaw villa. This is already my 2nd trip to The Farm but the first was with officemates 6 years ago. Once again, the place and service exceeded my expectations. My family was equally impressed the moment they laid eyes on the place. My 2 young kids immediately went fishing and duck feeding. The Anahaw villa was very well suitable for our group of 5. The staff also added a TV when requested. My kids specially liked the loft. We enjoyed swimming in the pool which was almost all to ourselves. We were delighted by the free snacks served in the room and then again in the pool. The healthy food selection was very much improved compared to my 1st stay. Fortunately, there were choices for kids like carbonara, potato fries, arroz caldo. We also tried the massage in the spa (it was superb!).
Our stay was so relaxing and memorable! We promised ourselves that we will come back to this place next year (hopefully in the Narra villa).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CynthiaMM_13
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at The Farm for my birthday and my experience is excellent! The Garden Villa we stayed in is very nice. Excellent service from the staff - very welcoming and helpful. The GM was at the reception welcoming all the arriving guests and was very hands on in making sure all of our rooms are given on time. The instructors in each activity are very professional. The food is quite good in ALIVE restaurant. This is the best place for a total R&R - doesn't matter if you are alone or with family and friends . . . you will definitely have a good time at The Farm.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Farm in April and the total experiance was out of this world. The Accomodations, the Excellent Staff, The Alive Restaurant and of the The Spa. I am sure all of the accommodations are fine but I stayed in one of the Narra Pool Villa's and was just so impressed with the Villa design. The Villa balcony, which is huge maybe 250 sq.ft'., looks out over a jungle hillside. Just sitting on the balcony and listening to all of the bird song and running water is so calming. But also with the Pool Villa you have your own priviate 20'x45' infinity pool and loung area. Again, just perfect to relax in the sun then take a plunge, then more relaxing, etc. I haven't spent so much time in a pool since I was a 10 yr. old. What a great feature for a room. I will never look at another suite the same. I'll always be asking "Where my Pool?". The suite interior is 5 star all the way with so many nice design features such as the Rain Shower overlooking a private garden, a deep soaking tub with jets. i came to the resort to relax and of course I booked several message treatments during my stay. The Farms Spa, which they call the Healing Sanctuary, is well named. i have had many Spa experiances and none are as complete and professional as the staff at the Farm. The whole Spa experiance is welcoming and private and the treatments are so varied I had twice the number of treatments I had originally scheduled. The Healing Sanctuary is an experiance not to be missed, not in this life. I eat healthy but not really a vegatarian but I was more than open to a good healthy diet for a week. I am so impressed with the food and staff at the Alive restaurant. Food selection is both varied and very unique and delicious. I really did not no completely what I expected but what I got far exceeded my expectations for a 5 star restaurant. Healthy, delicious, and excitingly different. One last word about the Farm.. The staff at the Farm is top notch, 5 star all the way. No detail of guest attention is overlooked. My special thanks to Michael the General Manger. Also, I want to mention and recognize Jennifer the Resident Manger and Mona the Guest Service Manager, as well as Tony the Alive Restaurant Manger. Excellent, fantastic, over the top guest service. Thank you all for a great R&R vacation.

Room Tip: You have to stay in the Narra pool Villa.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

March marked my second visit to The Farm and I'll surely come back more. It is more than just a home. It is a refuge, a sanctuary.

They have the friendliest staff and have the best service. The place is breathtaking. It captivates you. The food is also yummy.

This is one of my favorite places in the country!

• Stayed: March 2013
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!