“Utmost relaxation”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Quezon City, Philippines
“Utmost relaxation”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This April, the family decided to spend an overnight trip to The Farm for our wedding anniversary celebration. Our 3 sons were with us and we were hoping to book the new Narra with pool villa but it was fully booked and we got the Anahaw villa. This is already my 2nd trip to The Farm but the first was with officemates 6 years ago. Once again, the place and service exceeded my expectations. My family was equally impressed the moment they laid eyes on the place. My 2 young kids immediately went fishing and duck feeding. The Anahaw villa was very well suitable for our group of 5. The staff also added a TV when requested. My kids specially liked the loft. We enjoyed swimming in the pool which was almost all to ourselves. We were delighted by the free snacks served in the room and then again in the pool. The healthy food selection was very much improved compared to my 1st stay. Fortunately, there were choices for kids like carbonara, potato fries, arroz caldo. We also tried the massage in the spa (it was superb!).
Our stay was so relaxing and memorable! We promised ourselves that we will come back to this place next year (hopefully in the Narra villa).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CynthiaMM_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Manila
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at The Farm for my birthday and my experience is excellent! The Garden Villa we stayed in is very nice. Excellent service from the staff - very welcoming and helpful. The GM was at the reception welcoming all the arriving guests and was very hands on in making sure all of our rooms are given on time. The instructors in each activity are very professional. The food is quite good in ALIVE restaurant. This is the best place for a total R&R - doesn't matter if you are alone or with family and friends . . . you will definitely have a good time at The Farm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Farm in April and the total experiance was out of this world. The Accomodations, the Excellent Staff, The Alive Restaurant and of the The Spa. I am sure all of the accommodations are fine but I stayed in one of the Narra Pool Villa's and was just so impressed with the Villa design. The Villa balcony, which is huge maybe 250 sq.ft'., looks out over a jungle hillside. Just sitting on the balcony and listening to all of the bird song and running water is so calming. But also with the Pool Villa you have your own priviate 20'x45' infinity pool and loung area. Again, just perfect to relax in the sun then take a plunge, then more relaxing, etc. I haven't spent so much time in a pool since I was a 10 yr. old. What a great feature for a room. I will never look at another suite the same. I'll always be asking "Where my Pool?". The suite interior is 5 star all the way with so many nice design features such as the Rain Shower overlooking a private garden, a deep soaking tub with jets. i came to the resort to relax and of course I booked several message treatments during my stay. The Farms Spa, which they call the Healing Sanctuary, is well named. i have had many Spa experiances and none are as complete and professional as the staff at the Farm. The whole Spa experiance is welcoming and private and the treatments are so varied I had twice the number of treatments I had originally scheduled. The Healing Sanctuary is an experiance not to be missed, not in this life. I eat healthy but not really a vegatarian but I was more than open to a good healthy diet for a week. I am so impressed with the food and staff at the Alive restaurant. Food selection is both varied and very unique and delicious. I really did not no completely what I expected but what I got far exceeded my expectations for a 5 star restaurant. Healthy, delicious, and excitingly different. One last word about the Farm.. The staff at the Farm is top notch, 5 star all the way. No detail of guest attention is overlooked. My special thanks to Michael the General Manger. Also, I want to mention and recognize Jennifer the Resident Manger and Mona the Guest Service Manager, as well as Tony the Alive Restaurant Manger. Excellent, fantastic, over the top guest service. Thank you all for a great R&R vacation.

Room Tip: You have to stay in the Narra pool Villa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

March marked my second visit to The Farm and I'll surely come back more. It is more than just a home. It is a refuge, a sanctuary.

They have the friendliest staff and have the best service. The place is breathtaking. It captivates you. The food is also yummy.

This is one of my favorite places in the country!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank listentozion
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can strongly recommend this place in Philippines. I have visited there 5 times. If you have been tired to visit beaches, please try The Farm. It in Lipa city, Batangas 2hours from Manila using highways. They also have their office in Peninsula Hotel in Makati.
The Farm is in the mountain so you can feel the fresh air, nature, out from the tumultuous daily life. The stuffs are very friendly and shows courtesy and kindness and their vegitalian food is also unique.
I stayed at Garden Villa which has bath tub made of stones outside. It was wonderful to see many stars while taking bath.
You must check their site so that you will know their various kinds of treatment.
www.thefarm.com.ph

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Samurai1919
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the farm in the Philippines. Upon arrival you will see it is an amazing property, that is so peaceful and beautiful you feel lucky to be there. At check-in we decided after viewing the Pool villas to upgrade because we were told that they were newer. The villas were stunning, they looked like something you would see in architectural digest. I cannot say enough about the beauty of this property. Walking around there are beautiful peacocks, gorgeous meditation pavilions and places you can get away and be all alone. I had a wonderful massage at the spa. The food was very good. Although I don't typically eat vegetarian I really enjoyed every thing that we had there.
If you like quiet and serenity this is definitely a place you don't want to miss. They had multiple pools on the property that were all beautiful. We only had a one night stay but would have loved to extended if we had had the time. If your travels take you to this area and you like to go to the spa I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zybach
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to the Farm right after the holidays this year, courtesy of a surprise birthday gift from my sister. Getting there was faster than expected, with the (new for me) STAR expressway and the concise but clear instructions and several strategically placed directional signs.

While checking in, the duty manager mentioned we'd be a tight fit in the Sulu Cottage, since I was my brother & we'd bought his son, my 8-year old nephew along. He very graciously upgraded us to a Palmera Suite gratis, and noticing it was my birthday also gave reserved me a massage the next day, also for free. Now that's customer service & satisfaction!

We then went around the pretty large grounds, swam then changed for dinner. The menu was indeed "Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian" (as my kind doctor told me later), but my nephew had no complaints on his huge serving of meaty-flavoured veggie pasta. The multi-course meal and fresh fruit blends were quite tasty and filling, and the surprise non-dairy chocolate birthday cake at the end capped off a wonderful dinner. The best part of the night was finding craft beer available in the room service menu, and imbibing some cold IPA before retiring.

The cottage facilities were simple but elegant, I liked the open shower touch, and the cottage layouts. They even let us use the Garden Villa for me to freshen up after my massage, since we were there only over night.

Vegan breakfast was a bit tougher for my nephew, but I must say the "barako" coffee was some of the best I've tasted, and made sure to buy a few of t largest bags they has for sale at the souvenir shop.

After another swim, the massage itself was very thorough and relaxing, really wrining out all those little aches & pains of holiday excess. The facilities were clean, private & quiet. All really quite top notch.

Overall, the staff were all always friendly & cheerful (a natural trait for Filipinos), and the courtesies extended among other have made me a regular. Among similar getaway places I've been to, you get what you pay for but retain the quiet & privacy you would want going to such a place.

The only downside is that you really must stay more than a couple of nights, as much to pamper yourself as to enjoy the facilities best. This is one time lounging around and doing nothing is indeed worth going out of your way for!

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Book early and arrive early, leave the chips at home or in your car, and appreciate the place and fo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!