“Heaven”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place really is as good as everyone says. I stayed in a hut in the forest for 4 days of uninterrupted R&R. Different bird and animals woke me up each morning, the activities were all excellent and the adds on a must. The salt body scrub, and the coconut oil head massage divine. The pools are gorgeous and the weather in February was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. Try the colema and the colonic for a little something extra
Yoga is perfect here, with the most incredible view i've ever had whilst doing yoga.
Food is divine! I never would have thought 4 days with no meat was that easy.
Highly recommended and traveling alone is not a problem here as everyone is so friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yasumidesu

Reviewed February 11, 2013

To often in my trips around "5 star" resorts I am often disappointed and in looking through trip advisor for a few days break with my wife I came accross The Farm. Being only 1 1/2 hours drive from our family home in Las Pinas we thought that this would be a much quicker location to get to rather than going to Boracay, Palawan or similar.

The accomodation is well presented, all very clean and tidy and the idea of having no TVs in the rooms is good as it makes for nice early nights. The rooms do have wifi which is did have the occasions problem with connecting was ok but seems to sometimes have problems obtaining DNS for the internet although the problem seem to only be in our room.

Whilst i am not a vegan I have no problems with not eating any animal products for a few days, the food was fastantic, the was enough of it to make sure we were not hungary and the actual taste of it was amazing to the fact the we bought the receipe book so we can try when we got home. From the resturant you can see through the glass into the kitchen and what also impressed me was how clean the kitchen was. A walk through all the gardens will soon show you how fresh the food is as most of it is grown there.

The SPA and medical facilities have an extensive range of treatments of which we tried a number of them, all of the staff were very knowledgable and friendly offering a fantastic service.

Walking through the grounds at any time of day or night you are often met by all the animals that roam around the grounds freely from the peacocks, ducks and the goats.

My only disappointment was that the gym has in my view only a limited amound of equipment in with only light weights, then i was reminded by my wife i was there to relax!

What always makes any place you go to is the staff, every single staff member we came in contact with seem to take pride in what they were doing and in the resort seeming to enjoy their work.

All in highly recommended, the best resort / SPA that i have been to in the Philippines and one of the best anywhere else. Very unique in its stlye is also what makes it special, we will be back for more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RSTE1234
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The reputation is justified. If you are looking for a somewhat pricey but complete renewal experience, this is an excellent candidate. Chocolate scrubs, massage, coconut milk hot tub, simple attractive rooms, yoga, meditative walks through beautiful ground, tours of the coconut shampoo, milk, water, etc. facilities, some of the best organic raw food you will eat.

There was no real downside detected. It is a great spot for a romantic getaway, especially if you are overworked parents looking for a some time to rekindle what is left of your romantic relationship (Oh, that...!) after all the kid-errands, demands, and running around in Manila traffic.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem quite nice. We went for a cheaper cabin which has a separating wall between the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had the occasion to spend a few days at The Farm. It is a special resort and one of my favorite places to be. I am airing my grievances as I feel like the resort could truly be one of the best of its kind, should the already professionally-trained staff make a few minor changes in the service they offer. The cuisine and rooms are divine, unique and absolutely lovely.

Against the standard of five star hotel service, the Farm fails to hold its weight. Please see below for a brief review:

Staff.
In the spa, staff make efforts not to use their cell phones or speak loudly. However, they can often be seen walking around or joking with each other in front of the guest bungalows, something one does not see at other hotels. They are loud and may not often greet guests as they pass. A small thing but definitely different from 5-star hotels.

Yoga classes are always late: Please have the classes start on time
I enjoy the yoga classes. The Farm brings in a yoga instructor from Manila. He is familiar with the Sanskrit terms for different poses and his classes have a good flow. Of the six classes I have been to, however, he has never showed up on time. Classes usually begin at least ten to fifteen minutes late. Often the instructor will be checking his cell phone in front of the class or fiddling with the music for the course 5 minutes after the class should have begun.

The hassle of check-in and anything to do with the front desk
Perhaps The Farm could take advantage of scheduling software. It took a friend and I thirty minutes at the front desk to plan our appointments. For one appointment, we did not know to which room we were supposed to go. We called the front desk, who wrongly informed us of the treatment room. It turned out that someone was in there, so we went to the lobby to determine where we should be. We were told to walk to the other end of the compound to wait at the clinic, and the door was locked and a woman was talking loudly on the phone and told us to get the other door. We were then transferred to yet another room. The whole process took 15 minutes. Why can’t they figure out to which rooms they will go?

In general, the staff seem more professional than other resorts in the Philippines. They know to keep their mobile phones away, but will still speak to each other loudly, complaining about their work. There is no staff entrance, so one often sees staff after work, walking back from work with packages underneath their arms. It does not seem to have the silent yet proactive service other resorts have.

Also, I want to focus on the positive as well: great treatments that use fully organic produce, exceptionally green and lush grounds, unique and well-appointed bungalows and reasonably good waitstaff at the restaurant. The Farm is almost there as the best of its kind. I believe these minor service improvements will lead it to truly be a 5-star hotel.

I just hope that the service improves another notch so that it truly ranks as one of the best hotels in Asia. At present it is solidly mediocre.

Room Tip: All rooms are stand-alone facilities. It is hard to go wrong.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank diplogirl
JHazenRM, Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Goldilachs,

Greetings from the Jungle. Thank you very much for your constructive comments. Michael and I appreciate that you recognize The Farm's potential and have brought these details to our attention. I have shared your comments with the Department Heads and Team. I can be honest in saying that the services standards you mentioned, are all things we know and should be practicing daily. I have given the whole team a kind reminder and CPR - Constant Positive Reinforcement.

We hope you will visit us again soon so that we can show you that we can live up to your expectations!

All the Best,
Jennifer

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Headed down there with my wife and baby who had booked up after a bit of research. Intent was a total wind down weekend. This was truly what we got. Beautiful, well kept grounds. Plenty of animals to amuse my 18 month of boy - peacocks, goats, ducks, geese. Lovely dining area with al fresco or Aircon. First class organic veggy food grown in situ in beautiful vegetable gardens. Quantities where scant though and felt hungry the whole time but the food was of a high enough standard to enjoy all the same. Must say I missed my meat though. They did serve beer but charge a small fortune for it which was disappointing - 2000% mark up on local prices. Felt that the cost of the food, drinks and particularly spa options was significantly over priced. Basic massage option more in line with local prices and labour rates would be a welcome addition. Something around 20$ perhaps using people from the local village as opposed to the 200+$ spa option.

Two gorgeously designed and kept pools - 1 with a spa. Nice gym come yoga room. Room was small but nice with high end feel. Al fresco shower was gorgeous. Beautiful reception with chill out sofas where great. Pleasant, friendly staff with nice balance of pleasantries without being in your face or coming across too ingenuine.

All round a pleasant experience. Worthy of a 5 star but down grades to 4 due to value for money perspective.

Thank for your hospitality guys and we'll be back soon - albeit with a few sausages and pale bottles in tow ;0)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed with my friends for the 2nd year in a row. It was a relaxing and wonderful experience.
The service, food and accommodations were fantastic. Never having eaten a raw food diet before was intimidating, but it was great. The medical, spa, yoga and cooking classes were all great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank workingjapan
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed one night at the FARM with my mom at the Garden Villa. While it was January (normally not rainy season in the Philippines), it was quite rainy, but we still had a great time. I attended the yoga classes, Abs Blaster, vegan cooking class. What stood out was the excellent service…front desk manager Romi was excellent with his service and provided a lot of perspective. Me-ann (I hope I remembered correctly) was also excellent. Matthew from the Alive restaurant was also very helpful and explained very well whenever we asked questions.

I did have a strange experience in the Garden Villa of Ants suddenly crawling all over me and biting me (and all over my slippers) when I was in the lounge chair, but Romi was extremely helpful the next day and gave me the bug and bite bomb to soothe the bites from the ants.

Overall a great experience. I would love to go back once again.

Room Tip: The sulu rooms are very small. Go for Palmera or above.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Luks Lofts Hotel & Residences
Luks Lofts Hotel & Residences
#1 of 10 in Batangas City

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!