“Always Amazing!!!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Malabon, Caloocan, Philippines
“Always Amazing!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is my second time in this wonderful place of the Farm San Benito and as ALWAYS, it is really AMAZING! From the reception, you will be greeted by all the receiption's staff and will welcome you with open arms as if this is your home. They will take care of your belongings and STAY as wonderful as they can provide. We had lunch then SPA and ended with a very nice dinner care of my friend Valerie Abella.

On our last day, we had a chance to talk to Romi Roque (Front Office Manager of The Farm) and he accommodated us in our departure. He is very polite and friendly and even let us try to decorate the reception's flower base (applying what we have learned from Flower arrangement in The Farm!).

All of the staff, the rooms, foods and activities.. I can say that this is The Farm, San Benito is ALWAYS AMAZING!!! Thank you and see you again next year:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElmerAG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Manila
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I heard of The Farm a long time ago, not only from friends in the travel industry but also from reading local and international publications about its award-winning services and facilities. When one of my close friends invited us for an overnight weekend at The Farm, I knew this was a chance of a lifetime.

Our journey begins with less than a two-hour drive from Manila. Although most of us lived in the South, we didn't realize that such a hidden beauty was a mere 90-minute drive away. We were welcomed by the Front Office staff who were gracious enough to invite us directly to their Afternoon Tea during registration. We have been warned that The Farm only serves Vegan cuisine so we were curious what kind of food they would be serving. It was a welcoming treat for first-timers like us! Mr. Romi the Front Office Manager was very friendly and gave us a briefing about the resort and available activities the next day.

Dinner proved to be a pleasant surprise as they had entertainment at the ALIVE! Restaurant while we were served our a la carte vegan meals. The food turned out to be an adventure and at the end of our meal, we were all filled and delighted for such a healthy evening.

Next day we were in for a Spa-bulous treat at their Salus Per Aquam where we each had our massages. The money spent was worth it and we thank the manager, Mr. Lem for sharing with us some helpful tips to a stress-free life once we're back in the city.

We would have wanted to stay longer and check-out their other services in the medical but life in Manila is already calling us by midday. Each of our families have seen most of the photos we posted online and at last our weekend must come to an end. Spending a relaxing get-away at The Farm with dear friends was time well-spent. The Farm is not just a get-away for couples and individuals, it is also a perfect place for a Girls' Night Out once in a while.

Room Tip: Garden Villas are the best for a group of people wanting privacy and luxury..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank UPSunTravel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hoping to find peace and holistic experience for a vacation getaway, specially for our MOM who is celebrating her birthday ,however, it ended as an excruciating dilemma. Me and my sister came from different parts of the world just to have this day special for our mother but we received a very frustrating and exhausting day instead. Firstly, the person on the other side of the phone accepting booking was not very friendly at all (try going different countries and you'll experience what we call customer service). Secondly, no confirmation was given on the phone but promised to send it via email. Third, they manage to get phone details but didn't even give sms for the confirmation so people on tour could be able to check the details. Fourth, the appointment time for the massage was not what we have requested .Fifth, cancellation has to be done within 24hours of the appointment date or else charges implies and how could that be if it was requested a day before the said date. 2 hours travel from Manila and all you can hear is that your requested time is unavailable. Don't try talking to their front manager (Romi Roque) for considerations and you will hear 7107 reasons. Thanks for making me realize Manila is still better than province when it comes to service. It is a good choice we left rather stay and experience more dilemma.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
21 Thank gas051014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Definitely a place to visit. Very serene, quiet and fantastic resorts for relaxations. I had a wonderful and satisfied week stay of the wellness and weight loss program. Do select the time of the year before you go. While there I had few days of rain and spoil my mood to a small extent. Overall a good place as I am very fond of spas this place worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great getaway. Its a but pricey for the Philippines but pretty much standard or less than 5 star accommodations elsewhere. Be sure to get the coconot oil tour. We got upgraded to a suite and the staff was super attentive and friendly. Both the medical and spa treatments were excellent. The food was one of the best things :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We took two palmera suites since my mom has trouble walking. I can say all as in ALL the people working there are highly trained, you can see it in how they communicate with guest, soft and gentle and always showing concern. The suites are cleaned everyday and although you know that there are many guest checked in, you can still feel the privacy and exclusivity.
Anyone who comes there must get SPA treatments, we took the colon cleansing treatments, mum had earth body wrap on first day, chlorophyl on the second, relaxation massage on the third.
Me, hubby and my sister had the thai massage, tibetan steam, and skin kayud. Then me and sister connived on booking hubby for ventosa just for the experience since he has been raving about it as one of the old therapeutic treatments in relieving pains.
The SPA staff are all experienced and highly trained and the techniques they applied are almost the same as those I have experienced in many 5-star hotels.
I am a self proclaimed spa treatment fanatic and have this itchiness of comparing services and The Farm is internationally comparable. I can personally say that the prices for the spa treatments are very reasonable, from the supplies they provide for you, the oils they used, the sarongs, the music, the scents, the soothing hands, you can actually feel how your breath slows down and that your heart is beating in slow mo.
Its very hard for me to fall asleep whenever I am massaged but to my surprise its like I have lost some time and just came back after I heard whisper that the massage is already finished!
Altho i have this concern about the food, I know its a holistic resort, and they encourage healthy lifestyle. I just wish that they have at least an option to have some fish or chicken, grilled or steamed and more variety for dressings/sauces and veggies. I believe some guest are just there for the SPA treatments and for some time alone and adding some pampering at least in food maybe appreciated.
Anyway, that's just thinking aloud, I don't want to defy the mission of The Farm.
Still I will recommend The Farm, its like experiencing Bali without leaving the country.

Room Tip: If you are coming with trouble walking or need assistance, inform them ahead, so they can arrange fo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank charytraveller
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently spent a couple nights with my wife at the Farm and did it exceed our expectations! It was an experience that has left me relaxed and energized.

For those of you unfamiliar, the Farm at San Benito is a garden-type spa resort a couple hours from Manila which specializes in health treatments such as colonics, liver cleansing, and the like. All food is gluten-free, organic and vegetarian. They have yoga and meditation classes throughout the day. It also has numerous gardens, sitting areas, and three beautiful pools.

With only 24 rooms, the Farm was never packed despite it being fully booked during our stay. We spent a day roaming around the premises discovering secret gardens and swimming under hidden waterfalls. The spa treatments were one of the best I've ever experienced. Staff conduct and decorum was spot-on. Food was pretty good for vegetarian, but I did wish I had the option to order a steak to go with my beetroot ravioli.

We stayed in a Sulu terrace. Would not recommend this room to seniors or those with disablities since the stairs are a bit steep. Bathroom is also separate and downstairs from the bedroom. It has a cool sitting area though and is literally beside a tropical forest.

I highly recommend this resort to yogis, couples, the health-conscious, and even families with young children. Kids will enjoy the pools and roaming the expansive grounds while mom and pop get a massage. Nanny services are also available.

All in all it was a 5 star experience from a 5 star resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!