All reviews vegan food garden villa palmera suite sulu terrace yoga classes spa treatments san benito daily activities coconut milk private pool mango tree no meat world class power walk outdoor shower perfect place south pool
Reviewed July 21, 2012

There are few people and places has special impact on us. When we can find integration of place and staff who can make memorable impact on us, then definitely we will go their for several times. This is what the farm and the staff did on me!! And this why I been their for the next time as my annual health retreat plan, it was the same place and staff with totally better experience and amazing services.
This is what I call a holistic unforgettable health vacation....

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Khalidme
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I find myself sitting in one of the benches under the glorious mango tree, its branches widely outstretched, coiled with cascading tendrils of vine. I relish the cool breeze and the holy hush of verdant scenery and catch myself wondering why it took me this long to return. I lament my overindulgence during the holiday season and look forward to giving my system a reboot, here at what is considered to be one of the top wellness sanctuaries in Asia—The Farm at San Benito.

Appropriately, my schedule begins with colema. Out with the old, in with the new. I expect it to be a breeze; after all, I have done the five-day detox a couple of years ago, with alternate days of colema and colonics. Alas, my heavy meal the previous night takes its toll. I have gas pains all over. When the procedure is over, my knees feel like jelly. The therapist gives me four tablets of bioplasma (to be dissolved under the tongue for optimal absorption) to replenish the nutrients that were flushed out during the procedure. Slowly, I make my way back to the clinic. I take the warm ginger lemon tea given me and settle on a sofa with a hot compress on my belly. Cocooned in this warmth, I rest with the thought that I am being good to my body.

I want to allow my digestive tracts to rest some more (and prime my appetite for a good meal) so instead of having my lunch at the usual hour, I participate in a tai chi class. An elderly French couple is already at the amphitheater. I take my place in one of the mats and try to keep up. Alicia Keys’s New York is in the playlist. The instructor makes sure we keep up with the beat. After 45 minutes, I am sweating, not out of breath but definitely feeling my quads and hamstrings. I relish the final stretches.

I didn’t know exactly what to expect from food labeled as raw, except perhaps for the usual salads and fresh fruits. Unknown to me, I was going to have one of the best meals of my life, raw or otherwise. But after only a spoonful of corn, ginger and lemongrass soup, I know I am in for something special. The soup is richly flavored, not too thick but smooth and impeccably spiced.

The jicama slaw is garden fresh, punctured by the lovely texture and subtle sweet and heat of the spicy macadamia.

I order the entrée sampler. The use of fresh coconut meat instead of the usual heart of palm put the spring back in spring rolls—drizzled with sweet chilli sauce, it was a perky bundle. I unwrap the tamales to find the staple of almost every meal, rice, of the sticky variety, steam-softened and subtly seasoned, hitting all the buttons that define comfort food.

Then finally, dessert is served. I thought I could no longer manage but I underestimate this chocolate (sundae) on chocolate (chip ice cream) combination, lavishly strewn with candied nuts and mango bits. I take one spoonful after another, until I realize that I have nothing left to take a photo of but a chocolate-streaked dessert glass.

The next day, I make plans to use the rebounder at the Jungle Gym but opt to relish the little time I have left in my lovely Garden Villa. In bed, I disappear completely under the sheets, hearing only a hush of the fountain from my very own garden as I drift back to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank siwanderwoman
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Everything was perfect, except i caught the MD who did my Live blood analysis smoking in one of the palmera rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank lanilagman
Reviewed June 11, 2012

On my birthday this year, I decided to forgo all the usual overeating, overindulgece so often associated with the ocassion & treat myself to a body& soul cleansing health retreat at The Farm. And boy am I glad I did so! After a 7D/6N detox programme, I came away 2 kilos lighter but more importantly, i gained a new consciousness towards my overall Wellness. This was just what I needed to restart my ambition of a healthful lifestyle!
Big thank you to Jennifer & all the staff of the estate. Each& everyone of you have been absolutely perfect. Oh so accommodating& attentive to your guests every need but yet remaining completely unintrusive & unimposing. Special mention to Cleo- you are a darling for making an otherwise awkward experience totally relaxed& even enjoyable! You are a gem! Also, our thanks to the lovely therapists at The Spa. Your various treatments were truly unforgettable & we are so looking forward to your pampering again next year! My partner& I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at The Farm once more& we look forward to visiting you again next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank msjaniceang
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I'm a frequent visitor of this not so secret get- away in the heart of Lipa. Recalling my first time here, i would drop my jaw to a place I thought resembles those in Bali. Serene. That's the first word you could have in mind. There are many other things that The farm offers,Their world class holistic approach in healing, from their famous raw, organic vegan cuisine to the most elaborate procedure of cleansing both the body and mind. Going back to your hectic, stressful, not to say toxic lifestyle as a totally new person from The Farm's fantastic fusion of physical and mind healing would clear you up as to say a new you. Cheers!! A wonderful and exceptional group of people will take care of you and you'll forget that you are just about 2 hours away to Manila. How about that?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo