“definitely one of the best spas in Asia :D”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Manila, Phils
“definitely one of the best spas in Asia :D”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

If you're looking for a quick getaway and serious relaxation, I suggest going to The Farm. We were here for an overnight stay only but I was very impressed especially with the Relaxation Massage that I got. The facilities are great and most of the staff are attentive to your needs. The place itself is also very conducive to those looking for peace and quiet with pools and a variety of places around the Farm landscaped precisely for this purpose.

Their food is strictly vegan and lactose-free which will appeal to most people serious with healthy-living in terms of taste and preparation.

Their Sulu Terrace is definitely not for the elderly and will best suit those that are physically able and active. You'd have to go downstairs to use the bathroom which is the only downside for me.

Overall, I'd suggest a trip here for those interested in finding a place where you could really getaway for peace, quiet, relaxation and more info on healthy living.

Great job to the staff and management of The Farm! :)

Room Tip: For the elderly, choose the Palmera Suites or other suites/villas. The Sulu Terrace is for people wh...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank platinumspg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Farm takes a few hours of adapting, especially if you have come from a stressful lifestyle, and suddenly find yourself relaxing in your villa overlooking the jungle with little to distract you other than amazing butterflies and birds.
I was staying in the most basic villa, which while simple, was charming and perfectly adequate for my 4 day stay. The yoga program was a great way to start the day, and overlooked the amazing grounds. Wandering around I came across a stunning waterfall pool set amongst the trees, and had this to myself throughout my stay.
Other activities varied, including power walking and cooking classes. The program was limited as I was visiting off season.
I found the food delicious and never felt hungry. And since I wasn't on a detox program per se, I was able to have a glass of organic wine with my evening meal.
The spa is amazing, with a wonderful array of treatments. The only downfall was that because parts of it were open mosquitoes were slightly problematic, and the outdoor bath treatments were not appealing in hot weather.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Ms_CC
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We visited for 6 days including a 4 day detox. We loved the ambiance, the service and the food (albeit not very much of it during the detox). The yoga in the morning was wonderful as were the various treatments from the Spa which, in summary, was excellent. I had the BEST Thai massage I've ever experienced anywhere ... it was outdoors by the pool in the evening under the stars. The food is amazingly inventive and incredible tasty considering its completely vegan. Both of us lost a few kilos during our visit .... and they didn't return! The hotel is a convenient and fast connection from Manilla Airport. Fans of Asian health retreats might find this one a little more rustic than some others and I would rate the spa highly but not the medical treatments, but all-in-all we had a wonderful time and returned to Singapore very relaxed and happy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tazmaniak
pasig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

To call this simply a "farm" is quite an understatement. My wife and I spent 3d/2n and wanted to stay longer - but our 3 little kids were waiting for us back home. This place is not simply a detox destination - we were simply on holiday and enjoyed every minute of it.

Let's start with accomodations -
we booked the Sulu Terrace room and were allowed to check-in early (like 10am). The stand-alone room (w/c resembles a house) is really nice and comfy - our unit (#10) seems to be newly renovated with a newer triangular roof compared to the one posted on the site (reminds me of a darth vader helmet). But be mindful though that the bathroom is downstairs - you really have to go down and out of the room to get there (definitely not for senior citizens). We were content with the room but then around 3pm it started to rain and i was worried about the stairs getting slippery so i requested the front desk if we can be upgraded to the Palmera Suite if no one was using it. Since we checked-in on my birthday, they granted my request and gave me a cake as well! More on the food later...
The Palmera Suite (#1) is likewise nice. Every suite is connected to another suite (1&2, 3&4, etc) so there is less privacy compared to the Sulu since you have a connected "neighbor". Honestly my wife and i like the Sulu better (so much more character) were it not for the bathroom debacle.

Now the food:
I'm a carnivore at heart and i'm still at disbelief that during the 3day getaway I DID NOT MISS MEAT AT ALL. We were blown away by the food - it's really no surprise that the ALIVE! resto has won so many awards. Not simply for creativity but with taste as well. It's a real eye-opener for me and a lifestyle change now doesn't seem so far-fetched. A bit on the pricey side, but well worth it. Most of the food is served Raw (heated below 40 degrees Centigrade) but some entrees are cooked (like pesto). But really, go with the daily specials. You can get carbonara anywhere - but Coconut Pad Thai? It's a memorable treat. Oh, don't forget their insanely good tea as well. (in the morning, you can order a refill of the tea/coffee since it's part of your breakfast)

The activities:
Whenever my wife and I go "alone," our 1st question we always ask ourselves is "can we bring the kids next time?" Sadly the answer (FOR NOW) seems to be No. Kids are generally not allowed on the North Side of the Farm (this is the Spa and detox areas) and the South Side currently has a outdoor pool which is unheated. I've requested a peek at The Anahaw Family Villas, and in my opiion these are really meant for bigger kids (teens perhaps) since the beds in the 1st floor are apart from each other, and the stairs leading to the loft are quite tricky to navigate. Aside from that, just to get to these units, you need to go down several steps which can also lead to accidents for kiddies. On a lighter side, i've been told though that they are about to expand - plans are on the way to build more villas with their own pools (hopefully heated!). TO BE FAIR, the Farm has never represented itself to be kid-friendly - the main market are really adults needing detox, healing, and some alone time. And be assured, they will deliver on all of them.

Activities abound - yoga and meditation, flower arrangement, power walking, etc - note though that not all listed in the site are offered everyday. We noticed that yoga instructors do 2 day shifts on different time slots - so we got Anusara yoga and my wife loved it. Since we only stayed 2 nights, we were not able to try other styles of yoga. Not a deal breaker though. Their gym equipment's looks fairly new and functional.

The Staff:
From the reception, down to the waiters, to the housekeeping, and even the sweepers/gardeners - ALL are just courteous, attentive, and efficient. Special mention to Reagan, Pie, Rose, Tony, Leslie, Ofelia, Mark - and all the nameless ones out there. Thanks for the superb A1 topnotch service. To the manager, you also deserve credit for having a great staff. Take care of them!

Overall, we would definitely go back in a heartbeat. Start the expansion so we can bring the kids!

Room Tip: The Palmera Rooms (1-8) are very near the Amphitheater where most yoga classes are done. They are al...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank erikalia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been a regular for a few years and love the place. The resort is peaceful and well set up. The vegan food is excellent. In the last 2 years the management of Michael and Jenniffer brought also the service level up to 5star standard still maintaining the great personal touch of all staff. Also the rooms have been renovated and are lovely.
I will be back and can fully recommend the resort.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Bobfu
Voorburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

actually i have visit the farm at san benito, lipa, several times, the first time in 2008. it's where i feel so welcome!
in a really breathtaking environment you will recover from stress, illness and/or overweight, with the assistance of a excellent staff, in a outstanding atmosphere. the farm offers you a superb detox program in combination with all kind of very enjoyable massages, exercise and meditation. also the medical staff is highly professional.
the kitchen - where they prepare only raw food, is 100 % slow food oriented. maybe it sounds unbelievable but this kitchen/restaurant is of a very high standard and can challenge at least a two star michelin restaurant.
after a period at farm of at least a week you feel rejuvenated, energized and (more) healthy ... don't pass by, go there, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: if you can afford it ... you should choose a garden villa ... very private and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank covanderhoek
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

We loved our stay here. We got a 3d/2n deal for 10.5k for a Sulu Terrace but to our surprise, we got upgraded to the Palmera Suite upon arrival!

Enjoy the sounds of gecko's at night but also watch out for lizards in the rooms. Of course you can always have these unwanted visitors relocated. The Sulu Terrace had its toilets outside of the room and this is one one thing to avoid if you took in a lot of tea and biscuits.

Upon entering the room, we found a newsletter, personalized with my name, showing you the itinerary for the following day as well as discounts that you can avail. (massage treatments go down by 20%). We booked our massage in advance but we had the same discount with the promo we got.

Its best to plan out your activities for the next day and make time for the free yoga sessions to complete the experience. I never thought of doing yoga in my life but the ambiance and the great instructors are really helpful not just for first timers but also the older people.

The food was top notch. Although some of my friends were complaining about being hungry after, me and my companion were very happy with their offerings. Its not theusual healthy fare, and we loved how the food was a memorable experience in itself. Just be prepared to shell out for their set menus, although everytng is worth it!

The massage was great and worth every penny! It is one of the best massages, better than The Spa. We loved the couples room with its glass windows where you can see the night sky and the trees. We dont recommend the massage under the stars, it seems over priced for a massage by the poolside.

We'll definitely go back, although I doubt there would be a similar deal in the future. If you want a relaxing getaway and wants to try out the healthy lifestyle, a visit here is recommended.

• Stayed October 2011
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!