The Farm at San Benito
Agoda.com
Hotel Cara(Lipa City)
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
La Leona Resort(Lipa City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspalmera suitevegan foodsulu terracegarden villaspa treatmentsyoga classessan benitodaily activitiescoconut milkmango treeno meatworld classpower walkperfect placeoutdoor showerwellness retreatprivate pool
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been a regular for a few years and love the place. The resort is peaceful and well set up. The vegan food is excellent. In the last 2 years the management of Michael and Jenniffer brought also the service level up to 5star standard still maintaining the great personal touch of all staff. Also the rooms have been renovated and are lovely.
I will be back and can fully recommend the resort.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Bobfu
Reviewed January 27, 2012

actually i have visit the farm at san benito, lipa, several times, the first time in 2008. it's where i feel so welcome!
in a really breathtaking environment you will recover from stress, illness and/or overweight, with the assistance of a excellent staff, in a outstanding atmosphere. the farm offers you a superb detox program in combination with all kind of very enjoyable massages, exercise and meditation. also the medical staff is highly professional.
the kitchen - where they prepare only raw food, is 100 % slow food oriented. maybe it sounds unbelievable but this kitchen/restaurant is of a very high standard and can challenge at least a two star michelin restaurant.
after a period at farm of at least a week you feel rejuvenated, energized and (more) healthy ... don't pass by, go there, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: if you can afford it ... you should choose a garden villa ... very private and spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank covanderhoek
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We loved our stay here. We got a 3d/2n deal for 10.5k for a Sulu Terrace but to our surprise, we got upgraded to the Palmera Suite upon arrival!

Enjoy the sounds of gecko's at night but also watch out for lizards in the rooms. Of course you can always have these unwanted visitors relocated. The Sulu Terrace had its toilets outside of the room and this is one one thing to avoid if you took in a lot of tea and biscuits.

Upon entering the room, we found a newsletter, personalized with my name, showing you the itinerary for the following day as well as discounts that you can avail. (massage treatments go down by 20%). We booked our massage in advance but we had the same discount with the promo we got.

Its best to plan out your activities for the next day and make time for the free yoga sessions to complete the experience. I never thought of doing yoga in my life but the ambiance and the great instructors are really helpful not just for first timers but also the older people.

The food was top notch. Although some of my friends were complaining about being hungry after, me and my companion were very happy with their offerings. Its not theusual healthy fare, and we loved how the food was a memorable experience in itself. Just be prepared to shell out for their set menus, although everytng is worth it!

The massage was great and worth every penny! It is one of the best massages, better than The Spa. We loved the couples room with its glass windows where you can see the night sky and the trees. We dont recommend the massage under the stars, it seems over priced for a massage by the poolside.

We'll definitely go back, although I doubt there would be a similar deal in the future. If you want a relaxing getaway and wants to try out the healthy lifestyle, a visit here is recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank whatsupricky
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The best experience I ever had!!! The place speaks for it self. Everything your eyes laid on are extremely thought of, from color coordination of things displayed to flower arrangements and food presentation. It's amazing how they kept their grounds so clean and everything in place. Kudos to the landscape designer. My first night was straight from a long 20 hour flight from Springfield, Va and the staff made it so welcoming, they are very courteous, helpful and immediately knows what your needs are. Jennifer - the resident manager is very nice and friendly, always around. Their Wellness program is astounding. Staff are excellent, they are very knowleadgeable, and honest. Alive! is really the place. I never thought I would enjoy the vegan foods until I tried their 5 course meal. It's filling, tasty and I never felt hungry. Can't wait to stay for another round of healing journey - another "me time" to reward myself. Thanks for a wonderful experience! Joy B.

Room Tip: I stayed on the Villa and it's spacious, pefect for couples!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Marie Joy B
Reviewed December 26, 2011

A bit expensive but every penny is worth it! you'll feel like it at the end of the world but obce you're there, it's like the magical forest you see in fairytales!

• Stayed: December 2011