“The Best Healing Journey you would ever can get”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
“The Best Healing Journey you would ever can get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I plan for one health care trip per year, i been to many places that help me to improve and maintain my soul, health and mind. The Farm was a switching gear to the best of my soul, mind and body. i never thought that such place and people will exist on the earth. They are committed, knowledgeable and very honest.
If you are health conscious, do not waist your time. GO TO THE FARM you will not regret it.

Khalid Radhwan
***********@gmail.com

Room Tip: All rooms are great, you will have too many activities where the room will be just to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Khalidme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My mom and I stayed at the Farm for a long weekend and absolutely loved the experience. The staff are all amazing, the food is sublime and the detox programmes in a league of their own. Thank you to everyone at the Farm for making our stay so memorable. I can't wait to come back for longer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nomad031
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went there to check it out during a golf golf tournament which took place very closely. It was worth the visit. I had a great Garden Villa. Food was great even if Vegan. There was even a great Band playing (Leaf Tone Band) during dinner. Shall be back sooner than later...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Christophe S
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

There are several points which make or break a getaway. You decide if this place is for you or not.

Reservations and Front Desk
Manila - The Manila reservations office handled all my concerns without a hitch. Kudos to them. I especially approve of their quick service and knowlegeable responses. When asked about resort activities, they readily emailed a PDF file of their menu of services inclusive of prices. This covered an array of wellness activities and their spa services. When I called in to check for the schedule of activities and services, they made coordinated with the site and called back to inform us of our confirmed schedules.
Batangas - Honestly, the site experience was a letdown. Expecting service at par the Manila office, I was dissatisfied with how our confirmed appointments had to be rescheduled because of the doctor's unavailability. I asked to clarify the schedule as we were previously advised of confirmed scheduled services that afternoon. Front desk promised to call back. An hour later, I still don't receive any feedback. Concerned, I call up front desk only to be told that we were bumped to a different schedule. Oooookaaaayyyy. So I wonder what would have happened if hadn't made the call? Would they ever call?

Activities - Scheduled activities change daily and their nightly "newsletter" of the next day's activities was much appreciated. My friends joined in the complimentary yoga class (which they told me they truly enjoyed) while I and my husband went wandering around the grounds.
There are wo and a half pools to chooses from. One is at the south, a heated one in the north located by the spa, and half a pool or a wading area if you will somewhere near the villas. The path to the wading area can be quite dark and noisy (with frogs croaking all about) at night. Hehehe. Not my thing.

Accommodations - We stayed in a garden suite. I loved the layout. One gigantic bed, fluffy pillows, sitting area, stunning bathroom. Points for improvement though would be the lack of disposable oral care set.

Food - This is one of the major deciding factors. If you do not eat veggies, or if you feel you cannot deny your inner carnivore for the duration of your stay, keep away from this place. Or bring your own stash of fast food. Hahahaha! Seriously. Their restaurant is not named "alive!" for no reason. Most of their food offerings are raw. I loved breakfast, but our dinner could have been a disaster if not for the pasta selection.

Check out -Could have been a more pleasant experience if they attended to their guests more promptly.

Overall, yeaaaahhh. I would recommend this place. After all, you are at the spa for a healthy retreat, right? Or at least a wellness weekend.
As for myself though, I wouldn't be caught rushing back to this place. I'd like an order of 2-pc fully loaded meal please.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank bronzieBear
quezon city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

we stayed only for 2 nights..serene place, very courteous and accommodating staff, varied activities like flower arrangement, yoga, power walk, core training, "cooking" lessons are given for free, alive restaurant serves fresh, raw, meatless, non dairy food and they don't heat up the food more than 40 deg to preserve the enzymes and nutrients of food, spa treatments, colonics, colema etc are offered but we didn't try them..unfortunately, this place is not for us, since we are suffering from high cholesterol, gout, ulcer and arthritis.. their food exacerbate our condition since most of their food have nuts, beans ( not good for those with high uric acid) my ulcer also got worse..i don't know with what...but other guests may love this place if their health is good to start with,,,
another problem we encountered is their sulu terrace accommodation, where you need to go up a steep, slippery stairs( it's raining when we got there) to go to the room yet their restroom is located downstairs...so, since we have arthritis and gout, we had a hard time going up and down the stairs to do our thingy in the bathroom...IT WAS QUITE A WORKOUT for me..but when we asked for a urinal, they promptly provided it... SERVICE IS GREAT but it's just not our kind of "wellness" vacation...

Room Tip: Don't get Sulu Terrace Room...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank checkin30
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

The Good: You need to be in the right mindset to come to the Farm. If you're up for an immersion into the wonders of nature and get your health back on track, this place is perfect for you. My husband and I stayed here for 2N/3D. The grounds are gorgeous with several pools and little nooks and crannies that just beckon to you. The place is the epitome of serenity and peace. The staff is also just so wonderful and accommodating and they never seem intrusive. Even the GM, an American lady named Jennifer, is very friendly and gave us a great welcome. It was a bit difficult (I suspect they have limited therapists) but I was able to book a massage at the Spa which was as good as the ones given at those high-end places in Thailand (and trust me, I've been to a lot of them). The food was surprisingly good and creative considering they only serve vegan fare (I highly recommend the pesto), although I can imagine that it can get tiring if you stay for an entire week or month. Their main ingredient is coconut oil and you will taste it in everything, good thing I like coconut so I didn't mind as much. If you love nature and healthy living, you will appreciate what they are trying to do here.

The bad: The room is pretty awful. I had heard about their Sulu rooms where one would have to go down to use the bathroom and since I booked this on promo, I was expecting to stay in one of these 2-level type rooms. Imagine my delight when I was told upon check-in that I had been "upgraded" to a Palmera Suite. In my opinion, the term "suite" is used very loosely because the room is very basic, tiny and the furniture looks weathered and old, I almost felt like I was given the maid's quarters. The only upside was the ensuite bathroom with an outdoor shower that seemed charming at the beginning until I stepped into it and was bitten silly by hordes of ants that were attracted by the soap. I was a guest at the Farm when it first opened and I have a pretty good memory and I think that the "suite" given to us was once upon a time the cottage where the owners lived. My point being that it's not suitable for paying guests (even those that booked on a promo rate) and its shabbiness left me with a bad impression. Good thing I spent most of my time out of the room. According to the staff, there are some pretty nice rooms if you are willing to pay a premium for it.

In summary, I am quite keen on returning to the Farm to partake of their week-long medical programs but with the rates they are charging and the quality of the accommodations, it does not seem like good value for my money. If they lower their rates or renovate their rooms, then I may be convinced to come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank hidden0rchid
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Overall, this trip was amazing. I stayed 5 nights, and I broke it down into sections since there are so many things to address, with some (very slight) drawbacks at the end. But in short, this is the perfect away-from-everything destination if you love beautiful surroundings, peaceful atmospheres, excellent food and the most helpful and wonderful staff in the universe. Oh, and heaven forbid you forget about the spa!

Food: So, the whole vegan-raw food thing scared me, since I love eating meat! In fact, I even brought big bags of beef jerky and chocolates in case I didn't like the food! But I was amazed. This trip changed my perspective on vegan and raw food. Everything was beyond delicious. I figured fruit for breakfast, salads for lunch and dinner, which would have been miserable. But the creativity and variety not only surprised me, it SHOCKED me! Nut milks and cheeses, innovative ways to cook vegetables (or, rather, NOT cook them), use of the dehydrator.... just amazing. One gal there, bless her heart, actually put ON weight! Oh, and their chocolate desserts are to die for. They came out with a cookbook of a lot of their recipes called "RAW!". I'd suggest looking at it to see how creative they are.

Lodging: I had a Garden Villa, one of the larger rooms they offer. These little humble abodes in the midst of nature will re-center you and get you snoozing great in no time! Each is a stand-alone structure, and they're perfect. They're upgrading the property later in 2011, so I guess all the rooms are getting new everything, which actually makes me a little sad because I thought my room was perfect the way it was. I would not have changed a thing! I had an outdoor shower and bath (HEAVEN!!!), huge bathroom, walled in garden, private veranda and sun bathing area, HUGE wall-to-ceiling windows, an outside fountain.... It was magical. My only complaint was that my stay wasn't longer.

Property: You're in the middle of these beautiful mountains with 200+ year old mango trees around you and giant coconut trees swaying in the breeze. Two great pools (one like a waterfall), gorgeous flowers everywhere.... And the coolest little walking trails you've ever seen. Around every corner is another pagoda or bench, and each are secluded due to the windy twisty turns the paths make. The moss covers everything and gives it this great ancient look. Oh, and the frogs! Everywhere! They're so cute. Peacocks roam the property, and at 7am every morning the goat family (two adults and two kids as of fall 2011) are taken for a walk, on a leash nonetheless. And don't forget the 41 baby ducklings in all their cute yellow puffiness! It's pure enchantment.

Staff/Service: Never have I ever been somewhere with a more helpful, friendly, please-let-me-do-it-for-you attitude. From the moment you are picked up at the airport, there is not a thing in the world they can't do for you. Forget your flipflops? They'll run to town and grab you some. If you inhale with a look on your face as if you need something, they're right there (but not in an overbearing kind of way). The food service staff remembers your preference from the first meal eaten there, and they are great at getting your tastes just right. I had to leave before 6am for the airport, and they got to the kitchen early and made me a breakfast-to-go. Everyone else on the plane is eating icky plane food, while I have fresh mango, watermelon, etc and am making everyone jealous!

SPA: I spent a LOT of time in the spa. I got 6 treatments total, to include massages, scrubs, brushings, waxing, etc (I had a lot of me-time this trip!) The massages and scrubs were great! Best one of all: Massage Under the Stars. It's just you, outside, stars and moon above, the waterfall/fountain and crickets in the background.... It's incredible! Get it on one of your first nights there to set the mood for your entire vacation. Spa was excellent in it's value for the massages given, quality of the products used, and friendliness of the staff. I wasn't fond of the waxing, though, and would stay away from that. Everything else was magical.

OVERALL: For a trip away from it all (and I do mean AWAY!), this place can't be beat. Perfect weather, great accommodations and staff, relaxation everywhere, creative and awesome food. No fancy clothes needed for anything; yoga pants or sweats are the perfect attire! Jennifer and Michael, the property managers, do an amazing job on every aspect, so take advantage of their hospitality and knowledge as they are eager to welcome all to the resort.

DOWN SIDES: The ants are pretty bad there, but they give you complimentary bug stuff, so that's nice. Just be aware that you aren't ever going to get away from the little boogers. Mosquitoes can also cause angst in the evenings if you aren't wearing bug protection. Also, it may be wise to bring an iron supplement with you since you won't be getting your normal iron from meat. By the 5th day I was pretty out of energy, and I think it was because I was low on iron. A multivitamin would have been wise for me to bring along.

Room Tip: Go for the Garden Villa: you won't regret it!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank J A
VeganRules, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dearest Pure Enchantment!

We would like to thank you for expressing your experience in such a passionate way! It is wonderful when our guests feel the same way about The Farm as we do! We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope you will have a chance to return soon.

All the Best with Healing Energy,
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!