“Very good fish and Chips”
Review of Witsend Resto Pub

Witsend Resto Pub
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Hemmingford
Cuisines: Irish, Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Irish Pub Fare.Serving Lunch and Dinner from 11:30AM til closing.Voted the best Fish'n Chips in the Greater Montreal Region.Steaks, Seafood, Ribs, Pasta, Burgers. Kids welcome.Specialty beers on tap. Summer terrace.Reservations Reccommended.
Montreal, Canada
“Very good fish and Chips”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Happened to stop in Hemmingford and ended up going to Witsend for lunch. It turned out to be a good decision as we got to enjoy their famous fish and chips. There was a generous portion of fish and some good fries - all very tasty. All in all a good experience.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Rick A

canada
“Good irish pub”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I like to food and they have good beer on tap. Good service. I recommend the crab dip, the ribs . Good overall menu and a nice place to go. Make reservations on saturday and sunday during the summer. No live music.

Visited August 2013
Hemmingford, Canada
“Not too good”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We were a bunch celebrating a birthday. Booked weeks ahead. They had us at 3 tables.

Some people were finished their meals and we did not have ours yet.

We had the fish and chips. Both way overcooked and greasy. Wife had the Jack Daniels burger. It was cooked ok, but the sauce was too heavy. Half would have been better. Friends had the Mussels and seafood. Overcooked and dry. Others had the Asian Chicken. Heavy on sauce, light on chicken.

Second time there, last time there. $50, including tip. Service was excellent.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Marc R
montreal
“It's time to change the water”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recall how unsatisfying one visit to Witsend Resto Pub in Hemmingford, Quebec was. I had driven a long distance and looked forward to a glass of Guinness and a comfy table where i could just unwind. When i walked in, the woman employee who was sweeping the floor quipped, "We're closed". When she saw the look on my face she "allowed" me to have a Guinness. I recall what a terrible pour it was - four inches of foam! Did I order foam?
The next time I came I ordered wings at the bar. I specifically asked that the wings be crispy and well done. Surprise, surprise - they were half raw. I sent them back and when I got them on my plate again they were overdone! Who is cooking back there!
The final straw came tonight. I arrived after a long trip and ordered a Moosehead beer from the female bartender. When I got it there was too much foam again! Does the woman know how to pour a proper beer? I think not. I had to ask her to top it off. A customer shouldn't have to do that. All the while that i was drinking my beer I was watching the news and weather report on the flat screen T.V. with no sound - talk about inconsiderate!
Deep down I really like the place but there has to be some personnel changes. Hire some exciting fresh faces. Hire someone who will greet a customer with a sincere smile instead of that typical Hemmingford snootyness.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank gerry g
Hemmingford, Canada
“Fish & Chips”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

92 degrees....to hot to cook.

Ordered the Fish and Chips. Chips were of the frozen variety, overcooked, burned even. Fish was the same. Time to change the oil boys !!

No waiting, nice staff.