“Great value for money, fantastic staff!!!”

Atlantik Apart Hotel
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here with my friend in July 2013, I've stayed in altinkum before but never at the atlantik, yes the rooms are quite basic but what do you expect for the price? It was clean and close to the nars and beach which is all I cared about and the staff were far more than I expected, I was told the hotel was recently taken over by an Australian family and I can say they were very friendly....even at our arrival at a stupid time in the morning!!!! They couldn't do enough for us and made our stay very pleasant, after my experience I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank LauraBee30

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned today from the atlantik and overall had a very relaxing 2 weeks.so here’s my latest review. If you read my other reviews you will see im not biased and will say it how it is.so let’s get started.
Arrival: - Arrived at 2 in the morning I’ve been to turkey before so knew it would still be lively and it was. Greeted by Sam (the owners son) and Hadge (the owner) very friendly no hassle and mehmet the chef /every other job boy. And one of the funniest none English speaking Turks I’ve ever met. Anyway bags were carried to rooms by mehmet and Sam opened the bar for us 2 families’ to have a drink.no fuss he also did the kids burgers while we got a kebab from across the road. More of that later. Now on to the rooms
Rooms: - Rooms are very basic. Consisting of a separate bedroom and a kitchenette / living room with 4 beds in total probably the best rooms I think are at the front of the hotel so you can have a nosy up and down the street while you have a beer on the balcony. Each room has air con which is 4 pound a night and well worth it it’s very good we had to turn ours off in the night has it was freezing. The showers aren’t the best but like I said you get what you pay for and I found some days they were fine some days a bit cool. But bearing in mind a cool shower is not the end of the world when its 40 degrees in the shade.
Facility’s: - Facilities are fine the pool is looked after and is cool and deep there is a kid’s pool which is ideal for toddlers and young ones alike there are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas and a sun terrace which get blooming hot tip wear lots of sun screen. There is also a safety deposit option for 2 pound a night. The hotel also has its own Turkish bath which I think is discounted for hotel fuests.my Mrs had one cost about 30 lira. She said it was fantastic and had a great tan because all the dead skin was removed.
Food: - The food is fine the salads are very good the burgers are better than most restaurants the full English is not a full English! but everything else is good especially the menemen which is a Turkish dish that looks like an omelette but has lots of other ingredients you got to give it a try. I had 3 whist there at different restaurants and honestly the atlantik s was best. And all the food is cheap enough has is the beer it’s pretty much the same all over about 6 lira a bottle. And don’t worry about the bill me and my mate tried to catch the system out but in fairness the bills were always bang on they are very honest. I have been to hotels where you know your bill has had a few beers tagged on but this hotel isn’t one of them.
Location: - the hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from dolphin square and is in a great location as dolphin square leads to the beach. Again be warned it’s hard to walk around in the midday sun .out of the hotel and go right walk about 200 meters across from shooting stars there is a supermarket that only sells food and beverages (no beer) it has blue sliding doors you can’t miss it but in there you can get milk shakes for kids bread ya know all your snacks. Milk shakes are about 10p a carton and ideal to stick in your fridge. Bread is about 30p and is really fresh. Dolphin square sells all your designer goods but make sure you pay a visit to the indoor market just up the road after the cash points has you will get better prices. And don’t forget to haggle we got 4 good quality xl t-shirts for a tenner so shop about and remember they love the English tenner.

Ok do’s and don’ts.
Do,s.
Do go to the kebab shop out of the hotel and right about 100m down the road next to the chill out bar.4 lira 50 for a kebab come on no brainer. Orange signs.
Do go to the English tea rooms for a cuppa out of the hotel turn left and the second shop up also try a full English there.
Do try a Turkish bath as you will tan better.
Do drink lots of water
Do take lots of bite repellent as you will get bitten and they make a hole in you. If you do get bit treat it ASAP has this will help repair.
Do haggle over price then ask for a freebie as well.
One more tip when we weighed our suitcases coming back the hotel scales said 20 kg when we got airport they were only 18.5 so don’t be scared to go over a bit just make sure you have anything you can throw away on top ready to eject if needed.
Do go to the Chinese just behind ali g bar the guys there are great no hassle and good food.
Do use the buses to get a round
Don’ts.
Don’t go to café S straight across the road you will get bitten to pieces and they will then hassle you for the rest of your holiday every time you walk out the door. They are also not very clean and have wild cats roaming around and birds nesting in the roof above you whilst you eat so give it a wide birth.
Don’t go to Ali g bar again if you do they will Hassall you in the street for the duration of your holidays. And one of the guys there is a real slime ball so lock ya daughters up. Don’t get me wrong most bars will Hassall you but im talking extreme Hassall to the point you just want to tell them to go away so to speak.
Don’t just buy anything for the first price they ask.
Don’t walk around in the sun it’s a killer.
Don’t use the taxis unless you have to as they are very expensive.
Ok that concludes my review im going to add pics as well any question message me the end. Lol

Room Tip: take plenty of sun screen and bite cream you will get bit just walking about or eating at restaraunt...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank spenswar
Reviewed July 1, 2013

just had 2 weeks in the atlantik s/c apartments had a great time all the staff very friendly lovely pool area plenty of sun beds ,this is the second time we have stayed here run by father and son sam nothing was to much trouble will return again,if your looking for a basic place to stay this is it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael c
Reviewed June 25, 2013

we have just had a great 2 weeks in altinkum and the atlantik hotel was a lovely place to stay.the staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you,the pool was clean and spacious with plenty of sunbeds.the snacks we had were good and reasonable prices.my son who is 3 had a great time the staff really made him laugh and he was upset to leave his friends,sam the manager couldnt do any more for you,a very friendly honest place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed June 23, 2013

i just had a lovely week in the atlantik hotel.Brilliant staff especially sam & Mehmet, always happy nothing is too much trouble for them.great pool area,if you are looking for a basic hotel which is clean with good food and great staff, look no further, i am hoping to get back this year and would not think of staying anywhere else and the location is great too

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gareth858
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic week at the Atlantik. The rooms are basic but have all you need for a s/c holiday, they are very clean. The pool area is well equipped with sunbeds and parasols and the snacks available are of a good standard and price. We had a Turkish bath and massage within the hotel and would recommend it. Staff make you feel very welcome and they cannot do enough for you.We will be returning again

Room Tip: Studio rooms have a pool view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andrea_stephenson
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I advise anyone wanting a good cheap holiday in Altinkum to try this hotel.

The rooms are basic but big enough and clean. The pool area is spacious and clean with plenty of sunbeds.

The food that we had was good and drinks prices are reasonable for the location.

The staff are great, cant do enough for you. Any problems we had were sorted by the staff straight away so don't be afraid to tell them. Sam the manager couldn't have done anymore for us.

It is located right near all the shops, beach, restaurants and nightlife.

There is also a Turkish bath and massage parlor in the basement of the hotel which I can recommend.

I really cant speak highly enough of this hotel and I will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dale2612
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altinkum
Altinersan Hotel
#11 of 79 in Didim
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
#2 of 30 in Altinkum

Been to Atlantik Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!