“expected so much more!”

Didim Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Reviewed November 4, 2012

having seen the website and fancy pictures with a 4 to 5 star rating we were expecting a top hotel! On arrival late at night the outside looks quite grand but once in our room it was obvious the place needs some time and money spending on it 5 star it wasn't! Theme of the week was if an activity wasn't happening it was because it was the end of season, no evening entertainment, no daytime entertainment for the kids.On the food front quite a selection if you want it hot get there on time,staff friendly and always cleaning, couldn't complain about the weather plenty of sun bathing around the tidy pool area, slides a god send for the kids good job because there was no other entertainment for them! Could have been a much better holiday but feel slightly let down we all pay the same money so why start packing up before your last guests have left! Wouldn't go again!

1  Thank cleve y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,874)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was a BRILLANT holiday,I would recommend this hotel to all.Staff were very helpful too.Cleanliness was good,but out of all we loved the food.The beach is just at the bottom leading from the hotel.My children loved the slides.Overall it was a fantastic holiday.
Riz

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank R C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

we've just came from didim beach hotel and we thought it was a lovely hotel, very friendly and clean and we had a great time weather was excellent. there was a large selection of food but not always hot only thing that we didnt like was the adult only pool had kid in every day other than that we loved it :)

Room Tip: ask for pool view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank susanwanless
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have just come back from this hotel and what can I say we had a great time, all staff friendly and very helpful and approachable, pools clean hotel clean maids did fab job in our room clean towels and bedding everyday, food was lovely but bought could have more children selection as my son lived on chips for 2weeks, animation staff kept everyone entertained throughout the day and all team members really great to get on with and very helpful we are considering going back next year xx

4  Thank Htaylor27
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am going to be blunt, fair and honest about our holiday. The staff were friendly if you were friendly to them.....do unto others etc, but I can't blame them for not having a permanent smile on their faces, working 14 hrs a day I don't think I would.......enjoy what is a fabulous resort with plenty to do, a great beach and great pools with plenty of food to keep even the most unadventurous happy.

ON TO THE GOOD STUFF

The hotel looks great when you arrive, though as we arrived very late at night, I would have settled for a cardboard box....any how, check in was swift, staff friendly enough for the time of night and the room was fine (though the childs bed was not made up so we had to use towels for sheets) but for the sake of sleep, we really didn't care and the next day it was all sorted by asking the maid. We had a massive balcony (which we used.....urmmmmm, once) but the views were ok, and being on the 7th (top) floor gave us a little, much needed, exercise. The lifts are fine and we only had a couple of power cuts, which lasted 5 minutes. Air con was a god send as it was 40" every day and not a cloud in the sky for the whole time.

Others moaned about the food being cold etc, well, it was actually hot if you go at the start of the dining times, if you don't it might be luke warm, but truth be told, when I am in 40" heat, I want nothing more than a chicken sandwich with a bit of salad and a nice cold glass of beer, all of which I could get pretty much anytime of the day. There were 7 of us, 3 adults and 4 kids, and I am not picky at all, however the other 6 are, and you know what, none of them went hungry, there was plenty of choice, I actually didn't hear any maons or gripes from anyone so not as bad as some other had mentioned.

So food wise......more than adequate.

POOLS

aaaah, they are not as big as they look in the photos, but they are very nice, we ended up in the Elegance hotel and the pool there was far less crowded than the main pool, which I think is where other reviewers mentioned having to get up at 6 to put down a towel......choose a different pool and you are away. We got up around 8-8:30 and had no trouble getting 5 loungers to share at the Elegance.

WATER SLIDES......

Got kids, happy days, they are fun, fast and whether you are 13 or 33 like me, you'll have a blast, take care and send your little ones down first and there will be no issues, didn't see any problems and there are 2 lifeguards there to keep you safe on the twistys.

BEACH

Not a big sand fan, but the beach was very nice, there were lifeguards, plenty of loungers going begging if you prefer the beach, and the sea was nice and clear.

ENTERTAINMENT

Only went to one show as we spent so much time in the sun, we were pooped by the end of the day. The one we went to was silly, you laugh because you don't have a clue whats going on, but I guess that is part of the charm.

ALL INCLUSIVE

Anything but foreign brands, say no more, for those who couldn't find a drink they liked......I am not sure how. Barely had to queue, even on the night England got DUMPED out of the Euros, I would highly recommend Raki and lemonade. Measures fine, Effes Beer very chilled and refreshing........was more than adequate.

WEATHER

Stunning every day, can't vouch for all weeks, but ours was perfect, made the holiday exactly what we hoped for.

We bought a couple of footballs to play with in the pool, but as people went home, we accumulated 2 lilos and a rubber ring.....so like us, pay it forward when you leave. :-)

CONCLUSION

If you expect perfection, then you will always find something to moan about, whereever you are, if you are open to other cultures, the fact that things aren't as well set up as here in Blighty, then you will have a great time, we would go back, we do recommend it and if any one wants any specific answers due to previous poor reviews, please mail me. I know I was nervous....no need, it's fab.

Andy

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank morphears
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having read the reviews went to this resort with an open mind; the holiday was everything we anticipated it to be.

The room we were allocated was sufficient for our needs; no complaints. Nice touch by the chambermaid making the swans etc out of towels.

The food bit samey but always managed to eat something.

The entertainment found to be slightly predictable.

The only negative from the whole trip was all staff mentioned "end of season" and therefore not full compliment of staff and we missed out on the a la carte meal being only one waiter and one chef!!! However have completed a survey and mentioned this!

I think that the hotel is great value for money towards the end of season and my impression is that the hotel cannot provide all services when hotel is at capacity (high summer).

2  Thank Vicky B
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews we were a bit apprehensive about what we were going to, all I can say is that it was a brilliant holiday dont be put off by the bad reviews.
The staff were all great, Fatboy organised us all Turkish Baths well worth the money. Annimation team keeped everyone entertained all day, they made our holiday even more enjoyable. We went on one of the boat trips it was excellent a good relaxing day. We went to the market in Altinkum on Saturday was good was fun haggling with the locals. The only thing was by the end of the week the food was getting a bit reppetative but we always found something to eat. The pools were great always clean, water slides good fun. The staff were always cleaning around the pool at night, we watched them from our balcony every night cleaning and washing around the pool.

Room Tip: Wonderful view from rooms with sea view
1  Thank Laura C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altinkum
Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Garden of Sun Hotel
Garden of Sun Hotel
#1 of 30 in Altinkum
D-Marin Didim Marina Yacht Club

Been to Didim Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!