“Great Hotel”
Review of Horizon Hotel

Horizon Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friend and I have just come back from 2wk hol ,we stayed at the Horizon, what can I say it was Great! the staff were ever so helpful, place was spotless rooms very clean,breakfast was made fresh every morning,The owners made our holiday they were Fantastic couldn't do enough to help you, I loved them, what a great family they work so hard, The hotel is central to everything, my friend and I checked out a few more hotels while we were there and were so glad we stayed at the Horizon!

we will be back next year to the Horizon.

all the best Laney and Cathy

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Scottishlaney

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Looking so forward to staying at this hotel with my family after reading the reviews just before departing the U.K., especially after particular comments i.e. Very friendly hotel, staff made our holiday etc. Did not find them friendly & was quite upset when our kids were told to stop jumping in the pool, then said nothing to the Turkish kids when they jumped in, otherwise apart from the odd hello, that's the only friendliness my family & I received. It was very hot as it would be in August so asked for air con, but this was very expensive & they don't take debit/credit cards, so had to pay out of our holiday spends. Also the price of meals & drinks in the hotel was very expensive, so went out all the time & they are very strict regarding bringing food or drinks in, so much they have cameras in the corridors. One night my husband was actually chased into the lift but managed to get away before they caught him bringing some vodka in. On returning to Bodrum airport a family that had stayed a couple of blocks from where we stayed could not sing the praises anymore of the hotel where they had stayed at, in every aspect & even changing their holiday plans to Spain later this year as they loved it so much & can't wait to get back.
On the upside of staying in this hotel, it is extremely clean, supurb location, small rooms but lovely lobby & terrace. Deserves more than 2 stars, but will never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Need to take extra funds to pay for very expensive air con, food, drinks & not very family with...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jools490
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i have stayed at this lovelyhotel for four years running. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. any problems have been quickly sorted and our stay has always been most enjoyable. Cant wait to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank teaandcaketaster
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hi
Just back from are two weeks stay at the Horizon and yes a great hotel to relax.
We arrived about 1am and Richard was on reception and we were taken to r room with in 5mins.
All the rooms have had new bathroom's and r very clean.
All the family r nice people and Aszoo the managers daughter will help you and she speaks great English,Musterfa is one freindly person and will look after all your needs.
We have stayed at the hotel for many years and the rooms r small and basic but very clean.
We have stop at many hotels in Altinkum and all the hotel rooms are basic....but the Horizon is spot on for the beach,entertainment,food.
Hope to come back very soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank huggybear1953
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have just come back from a two week break at the Horizon Hotel in Altinkum. Having booked this at the last minute and later reading some reviews on the hotel we were a bit unsure of what we may be met with. To say we were pleasantly surprised was an under statement. We found the hotel and staff to be absolutely fantastic and unbelievably amazing value for money. The pool is small but ideal with plenty of sun loungers .
The hotel was immaculate,our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels being supplied. Breakfast was a typical turkish one and to a very high quality,fresh bread, boiled eggs,olives tomatoes,cucumber,water melon, hot baked pastry/breads,jams,honey butter,coffee, tea etc
The staff in the hotel were lovely and you were always met with a smile from the owners, bar staff right through to the cleaners. They would bend over backwards to help you without being overbearing. Offered great advise from the staff on places to eat, things to do and the best way to travel about. The location of the hotel is perfect being approx. three minutes from the beach whilst also being free from loud music in the evening. The local buses to everywhere stopped right outside the hotel door .
If you go with a smile on your face and keep smiling you will have fantastic time. Thank you to all the staff for making it such a wonderful holiday for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Allan S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Well where do I start .. On the first day we arrived I was treated and spoken to as a piece of dirt.. The hotel manager calle me dirty as my 4 year old had an accident .. My baby of 10months was made to sleep in a bed next to me and my eldest daughter (we had 3 single beds pushed together) and no room what's so ever it was very basic .. The rooms were dirty and not cleaned only bedding was placed back neatly , i had no change of towels for the whole 2 weeks and was only given 1 towel between the 3 of us .. The wardrobes smelt of damp and dirt so could not be used .. Breakfast is only of a Turkish selection however one morning boiled eggs were made only for everyone to break them to find they were raw !
The hotel is not buggy or wheelchair friendly and you can not get around the pool unless you carry over a small ledge .. There was a guest who had some of their belongings stolen , I made sure all my valuables were left in a safe ..
If you make a complaint don't expect anything to happen the manager will just call you a liar and threaten to throw you out of her hotel .. The rep is no use what so ever either and doesnt listen to what you have to say this is only if you can get her in the hotel ..
Overall the only thing I can say is fantastic about the hotel is location , right opposite a shopping centre 2mins from the beach and bars :) Also the two lads who run the bar were great and friendly .
Will deffinatly return to Altinkum but NOT to this dirty dump of a hotel !!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank muckybugger
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Yes just back from the Horizon and we had a Fab two weeks.
Rooms our very Basic but clean and friendly.
We our going back in May 2012 to meet are great friends that we have meet over the years we have been to the Horizon.
If you want great meals try Ikbal's and Edell and the family will spoil you.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends