“SHOCKING!!”

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Manchester, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This holiday was the worst holiday of my life...booked a 2 week holiday at this hotel with my friend and our 2 small children. We had to book to go home after only 7 days as we couldnt stand it any longer and my son was asking when were we going home!! The breakfast was a disgrace....they charged us for the orange juice we ordered at breakfast as they only has coffee and my 4yr old doesnt drink coffee. Also if you only drank tea...you were screwed!! The staff were nice enough but didnt really go out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay...at the end of the day we'd already paid for our holiday and they didnt care what we thought as theyd had our money!! You might think you get what you pay for and it cant really be this bad but all the reviews on here are true...dont wast your money or your time thinking if its a good idea to book......coz it really isnt!!

Room Tip: dont do it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank karen k

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
cheshire uk
Reviewed August 3, 2011

this hotel was a disgrace,uncomfortable,groty,no comforts what so ever,the breakfast was a joke,they had no juice for the kids ,so when we ask them,they gave us freash orange,at he end of holiday,they charge us 4 them.not friendly at all,didnt want to no.never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Altinkum hotels

ENGLAND
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Have been to Altinkum several times and stayed in numerous hotels have to say for what we paid for this holiday it was great value for money staff are very friendly the manager and his family are very nice and its a familly friendly hotel and will do anything to help you enjoy your holiday people do complain but come on if you want the ritz then book a five star hotel going back this year carnt wait the whole family enjoyed this holiday well worth the money we paid

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank HELENLACEY
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2011

stayed b&b aug 2007 staff fantastic joined in the pool fun great base if you aint going to sit in your room all day all you need is somewere to sleep wash and get changed

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have just returned from this hotel and would never ever return. The staff were friendly enough and the breakfast was typical turkish and they are the only good pints the hotel has to offer. In the week that we stayed there we never got clean towels, the mauid hung them over the balcony each day no matter how dirty they were and by the 5th day they were filthy, the bedding was never changed and we saw no signs of any proper cleaning happening. the room was tidied but never cleaned. The maid then had a cheek to leave us an envelope on the last day with Tip for Housekeeper written on it....so we left her a tea bag so she could have a drink on us....dirty mare!!! The door didnt fit and there was no lift. air con was expensive at £4 per day and it is something that you just can't live without in turkey. There was an open air disco close by and no body got any sleep until 6am...I had ear plugs so I was ok, so my advice is to take some with you before you go, the music is not the kind that will send you to sleep ....take my word for it...we stayed out until 4am every night as the bars no longer have to close at midnight....seemed a good idea at the time but since we are all girls of a certain age we are now paying the price of too many late nights. We had never been to Altinkum before but found it very stressful instead of relaxing...the turks hassled us constantly morning, noon and night, no rest on the beach...buy this buy that...even in the turkish baths they playing booming music...not very realxing. we have been to turkey many times but we would defiately NOT return to Altinkum and most definately not to the Dolphin hotel....you have been warned!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GoldenGirls11
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2011

just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel. As per usual, after reading the reviews I was slightly worried at what we'd booked into but wasn't as bad as some of the reviews make out (unless we were lucky and got a better room). We arrived at approx 5pm and 2 members of staff ran up the road to help us with our cases and carried them to our rooms (102 and 103). There is no lift which doesn't bother me as i always prefer to use the stairs but the stairs are slightly spiral and quite narrow. We discovered there were only 3 other guests in the hotel so it was very quiet and felt like our own private villa. The pool area is lovely, however, the seated terraced area could do with a bit of work and hopefully this will be done before the hotel gets a bit busier.

Breakfast was lovely, typical Turkish - bread, boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, jam etc. we did sample lunch on 2 occasions but again, as there was nobody else in the hotel the choice was limited to either a mushroom pizza or hamburger... i'm sure the choice is more plentiful now or will be soon.

The bedrooms could do with a little tlc also, however, if like us you only use the room as a base then its ok because it was cleaned daily. I was a bit disappointed with the size of our bathroom though and maybe a bit of descaler wouldn't have gone amiss.....

Air-con is priced at £4 per day which is a bit pricier than other hotels we've stayed in but we were lucky that we didn't really need it, however, in July/August i'm sure it would be a necessity. Safety deposit box was charged at £7 per week.

Staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Mahmut.

Location is excellent, however, be warned if you're pool side there is an open air nightclub in close proximity which may cause a few problems getting off to sleep.... solution = couple of raki's before bed!!

As we were leaving the hotel started getting a bit busier and we were talking to people who were returning to this hotel for their 4th time so I guess its not that bad. Just remember it is only 2 star...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank redrex
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I have lived and worked in Altinkum in 2004 so I am used to basic accomodation. My partner has never been to turkey I wanted to show her what an amazing country it is. We only wanted a basic B&B as I wanted to show my partner the amazing ancient sites such as the Temple of Apollo in Didyma and the amazing city of Ephesus among others. Firstly the hotel is advertised as a quiet hotel and when we arived in the early hours they gave us a room on 4th floor. As you can Imagine we were exausted but low and behold the open air disco The medusa was pumping bassline until 6 am along with other very noisy bars and clubs. Now Although in my early forties( I WORKED AS A HOL REP FOR THOMPSON IN SPAIN IN 2005) and worked in magaluf in 2008 so I can party as well as the average teen and then some. We got moved the following morning to a Slightly quieter room. We spoke to a Thomas cook rep as well and were basicly told tough and if we wanted to move it would cost an extra £200. That was the last time we saw the rep for a fortnight. The hotel staff were nice though . THe breakfast was nice aprt from bad eggs we where both vomitting after breakfast on 1st morning. I might just add I love turkish food. £4 pounds per night for air con, £5 per day for safety deposit box which for both is very expensive. the rooms had poorly fitted doors damaged electrical fittings bathrooms poorly maintained and the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on (and I was in the army) I would like to say that what a great place altinkum and turkey is but this hotel made this a truly holiday from hell

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple