Claxton Hall Cottage B&B
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
Travelodge York Hull Road(York)(Great Value!)
$56
TripAdvisor
B+B York(York)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspot of teafour poster bedon arrivalfruit cakeclaxton hall cottagehome made cakesrelaxed staywonderful roomvisiting yorkplenty of storage spacefamily weddingminute drivespacious roomfull english breakfastfeel very welcomerecommend staying herebreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you’re looking for somewhere to stay when visiting York then look no further than Claxton Hall Cottage. From the moment we stepped through the door when were greeted with a warm friendly smile we knew that we had made the right choice of accommodation. We were given a choice of rooms but chose the upstairs room as this had countryside views. The room was spacious and very clean and had a comfortable four-poster bed as well. As for the full English breakfast, this was delicious and very filling. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Cottage as a place to stay when visiting this part of Yorkshire and would certainly stay there again if and when I am next in the area. Thanks Carol for making our weekend extra special.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank solva46
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights as a last minute getaway. We absolutely adored the four poster room! It was spotless, cosy, romantic and inviting. The owner was so friendly and helpful. Her full English breakfasts were made with quality produce. Delicious! Thank you x

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Although my York property is rented out as I now live in Stavanger, Norway, I decided a week at Claxton Hall Cottages may be the place for me to stay with no distractions and the peace and quiet of the country, I was not wrong, this place is fantastic, a typical country accomodation with gardens to match. Carol ( owner) could not of been more accomodating, nothing was too much trouble even running me into York on a couple of occasions.
The rooms are very clean and spacious with en-suite facilities, no waiting for a 'traditional english breakfast' and a smiling face greeting you with a genuine interest in your days itinery and if she could do anything to help.
Full marks to Carol, Abigail (daughter) and Richard the head gardener ( for his humour) .

Room Tip: Just ring and speak to Carol.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights whilst attending a friends wedding last weekend, and from the warm welcome to the beautiful rooms we were completely delighted with our stay. We all commented that it felt more like a home from home than a B&B, and couldn't recommend it enough. The breakfast was delicious, the rooms were perfect and the location is idylic, even in the rain. Thanks for making our stay in Yorkshire a little more special :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Carol, the owner, made us very welcome, a very friendly and helpful lady.
The place was clean, welcoming and full of character.
Room was a lovely size, bed very comfortable. The cooked breakfasts each day were excellent, filled us up until early afternoon!!

I stupidly left me handbag in the room after we left and Carol was great as she contacted us to tell us and then posted it back to me in the next couple of days. Many thanks Carol!

Would definitely recommend this B& B to anyone and would certainly stay there again if up that way again.

Room Tip: We had room no. 1 which had the 4 poster bed in it. Lovely view out of windows,quiet and a lovely size.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple