“Tranquil amazing peaceful stay”
Review of Cedar Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve
Cedar Guesthouse
Greytown, South Africa
“Tranquil amazing peaceful stay”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at Cob Cottage and what a wonderful stay it was. The cottage is unique, comfortable with feather duvets, and rustic all at the same time. It has everything you need for self catering. I loved the outdoor shower and bath. We only used the solar heating for hot water, but in the event of no sun there is an option of gas to warm the shower. Next time we want to stay for two nights as there are walks on the area which we were not aware of. William the farm manager has a sense of humour of note and is always on hand to guide you on walks and show you the area which is extremely proud of. Truly a lovely tranquil place for a getaway for two!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Knysna
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If my mind could last as long as those fascinating cave-paintings, I'd remember my visit to Cedar Guest House for eons! The surrounding mountains whisper old, mystical stories, the labyrinth oozes spirituality. And to be seated around a fire under a night sky that's suddenly got much bigger. Signs of artistry made manifest everywhere - in the renovated farmhouse (I loved the comfortable bed and great linen), the adjacent garden, the cleverly constructed cottages. I'll be back...!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David_C_Knysna
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Baviaans is always special and Cedar is a perfect fit. Fantastic place to visit. Beautiful, peaceful and a real connectedness pervades. The accommodation is also first class. I have stayed at other establishments in the area, but this is the best I have experienced. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have visisted Cedar Guest house twice now and a lot of work has been done since 2006. It is a special place and just what I am always looking for in guest house. Quiet, remote, serene and just right to recharge me. The accomadation of the olf farm house I found magical, I love old farmhouses. Excited to go again...

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brett L
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Comfortable spacious unique. Peaceful warm and inspiring. Full of surprises. I could appreciate the love and care that went into developing this beautiful weekend get away. I will be going again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank stevebuchalrer
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you are looking for a secluded place in a beautiful setting to get away from it all, Cedar Guest House is an excellent choice. We found the house well equipped with comfortable beds and very neat and clean. Having the option of ordering home made bread (baked in a wood oven!) and having meals at Marta's little restaurant, 50m away from the house, was great - especially after being very tired after a long hike.

We are looking forward to many return visits!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeanette Z

Been to Cedar Guesthouse? Share your experiences!