Well we have just had 7 nights here and it would have to have the best "location" on the island!!!.
When we arrived our rooms were not ready and the lady on the front desk was really nice and gave us a round of cocktails while we waited, but unfortunately that was the last of the friendliness at the front desk!!!. Unless we spoke first we were not spoken too by the front desk which i thought was exceptionally rude, as we visited several other resorts and could not believe the greetings we were given at each reception as we walked past. The guy on the desk that looks after guest requests and booking things never once looked up or acknowledged us, and never had anyone with him when we passed, maybe in the wrong job? The staff in the Captain Andys Restaurant and Bar were the best!! lovely friendly guys and girls who seem to be under staffed but still kept smiling and were so friendly. The staff in the Activities were also great, especially "Fraser" what a great guy and he related to all ages of children, well done to him.
The pool was great lovely and clean. Yes i agree with others, the rooms are a little dated BUT ours was serviced every day and left lovely and clean.
By day 7 we were all a little tired of the same old same breakfast selection.
My BIGGEST GRIPE at this resort is the SURCHARGE 4.5% they charge on every credit card transaction which we were told by a local businessman only a couple of resorts charge and is illegal!! Could not use eftpos so either use cash or pay the surcharge. When we said to the desk about the surcharge being illegal their response was " yes welcome to the cook islands".
All in all i will be going back to Rarotonga, but will i stay here again, Im not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an iconic South Pacific resort, the Cook Islands' signature resort. Slip off your watch, your shoes, your cares and immerse yourself in paradise at the renowned Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa. Hand feed the friendly reef fish or snorkel straight off the white sands of Aroa Beach in the crystal clear blue waters of Aro'a Lagoon Marine Reserve (the resort's guided Night Snorkeling Tours are a special treat!). This all-tide lagoon is also perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking (both free!). For couples in love, there's a Personal Wedding Planner to create your dream tropical sunset beach wedding, right beside Aro'a Lagoon, the Lagoon of Love, set on the island's stunning southwest which enjoys both all-day sun and sizzling tropical sunsets. Experience all that's authentic about Rarotonga right in your absolute beachfront, full-service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach