The Rarotongan is a great relaxing retreat set in beautiful tropical surroundings and suits the family budget. we are a family of 5 and we had an adjoining room with internal door and both rooms were very reasonably priced. All water sports are free. Snorkeling and kayaking in the coral in front of the resort was amazing, with many varieties of colorful tropical fish to swim amongst. The waterfall pool was very refreshing. January is low season so the resort was at about half capacity and we enjoyed our peaceful surroundings without having to fight for a deck chair. Although this also meant that the buffet lunch and dinner were not operational however Captain Andy's poolside bar served delicious meals from it's own menu and that of the Al a carte menu. the activity centre was open all day and entertained the kids and families with a nightly activity at 8pm. For those honeymooning or wanting a romantic get away, the resort has a separate adults only section of the resort hosting its own pool with swim up bar, beach activities and separate beach to ensure families do not disturb! The forecast daily said thunderstorms however we did not see one thunderstorm and rain tended to fall through the night and the days were spectacular. I will definitely be returning to The Rarotongan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slip off your watch, your shoes, your cares and immerse yourself in paradise at the renowned Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa. Hand feed the friendly reef fish or snorkel straight off the white sands of Aroa Beach in the crystal clear blue waters of Aroa Lagoon Marine Reserve and enjoy Rarotonga’s best snorkeling (the resort’s guided Night Snorkeling Tours are a special treat!). The all-tide lagoon is also perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking, included as part of The Rarotongan’s extensive FREE Daily Activities Programme. The Rarotongan is located directly on Rarotonga’s best white sandy beach, Aroa Beach, on the island’s sunshine southwest coast. The Rarotongan is also Rarotonga’s most family-friendly resort and offers FREE Moko’s Kids Club, Little Dolphin’s Mini Waterpark and Teen Zone. Kids & Teens Stay & Play FREE (aged to 16 years)! Kids aged 4-11 years Play Free @ Moko’s Kids Club, and teens aged 12-16 years Play Free in Teen Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach