I recently stayed here for a wedding and travelled with a group. We all loved the hotel and stayed in a variety of room types. From the honeymoon bure (absolutely beautiful) to beachfront rooms and at The Sanctuary. Although I don't take too much notice of hotel reviews, I was a bit hesitant after hearing so many negative comments. I was very pleased that most were unfounded. If you're travelling to the Cook Islands you should do some research first. See a good travel agent for a start! If you want a Hyatt or Sheraton, go to Fiji. If you want a great hotel on the best beach with the best snorkelling and a great local experience, then stay here. The staff were fabulous. Stu was great and looked after us in the restaurant and bar. Yes, service can be slow, but you're on holiday. And we loved the way the cocktails were measured - heaps more than standard. Food was great and if we wanted a cheaper eat, we ate at the great little take away across the road. Laisa was fabulous as a wedding co-ordinator and made the whole wedding preparation stress free. Vika was great at organising all our rooms and looking after us. I loved the laid back lifestyle of the Cook Islands and the unique characteristics only found here. They don't chase the tourist dollar, you take them as they are. People also need to understand how hotel ratings are done. It's not on how recently it was refurbished or how nice the rooms are, it's on the facilities of the hotel. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slip off your watch, your shoes, your cares and immerse yourself in paradise at the renowned Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa. Hand feed the friendly reef fish or snorkel straight off the white sands of Aroa Beach in the crystal clear blue waters of Aroa Lagoon Marine Reserve and enjoy Rarotonga’s best snorkeling (the resort’s guided Night Snorkeling Tours are a special treat!). The all-tide lagoon is also perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking, included as part of The Rarotongan’s extensive FREE Daily Activities Programme. The Rarotongan is located directly on Rarotonga’s best white sandy beach, Aroa Beach, on the island’s sunshine southwest coast. The Rarotongan is also Rarotonga’s most family-friendly resort and offers FREE Moko’s Kids Club, Little Dolphin’s Mini Waterpark and Teen Zone. Kids & Teens Stay & Play FREE (aged to 16 years)! Kids aged 4-11 years Play Free @ Moko’s Kids Club, and teens aged 12-16 years Play Free in Teen Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach