My partner & I have just spent 9 nites at the Rarotongan -our first visit to the Cook Islands. The resort is a little tired but never the less was an enjoyable experience & if we returned would probably stay again. The beach is lovely with awesome snorkelling, I feel, better than the snorkelling tour we went on, as it is shallow in the lagoon & there were so many varieties of fish to see. Staff were pleasant & always ready to help. Our room was the perfect location -close to the beach, pool, restaurant, & reception. We were kindly offered a free upgrade to the Sanctuary ( accepted of course) so tasted both sides of the resort.Thumbs up for the daily activities newsletters placed under the door each day. Not a lot of dining options on site, but value for money OK, drinks very reasonably priced. There were a few downsides to our stay ( not enough to affect our holiday, but little details which maybe require attention by management).
1- ATM did not work at all during our stay. 2- only 2 guest washing machines located at opposite ends of the complex, so when one breaks down ( as the one near us did & still broken 2 days later ) you have to walk the length of the resort to use the other one 3- at least 4 machines in the games room didn't work 4- Ice machines didn't work. 5- cold water to wash my hair at the hair stylist. ( would not agree with the "expert" title 6- The Ginger Garden restaurant which appears in all the printed info in rooms does not appear to exist. ( Website needs to be updated).
The Resort has a "good feel" & I would like to mention especially the Blue Water Grill restaurant at the Sanctuary for it's wonderful menu & fantastic, well presented food. Great service by the friendly staff. Well priced too, but make sure you apply insect repellant before going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an iconic South Pacific resort, the Cook Islands' signature resort. Slip off your watch, your shoes, your cares and immerse yourself in paradise at the renowned Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa. Hand feed the friendly reef fish or snorkel straight off the white sands of Aroa Beach in the crystal clear blue waters of Aro'a Lagoon Marine Reserve (the resort's guided Night Snorkeling Tours are a special treat!). This all-tide lagoon is also perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking (both free!). For couples in love, there's a Personal Wedding Planner to create your dream tropical sunset beach wedding, right beside Aro'a Lagoon, the Lagoon of Love, set on the island's stunning southwest which enjoys both all-day sun and sizzling tropical sunsets. Experience all that's authentic about Rarotonga right in your absolute beachfront, full-service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach