We stayed at this lovely beach front resort during our recent honeymoon.
The room was a garden view- big soft king bed, very quiet. We had an outlook over palm trees.
The shower was big enough for two, and although the bathroom was basic, it was very nice.
The resort had a large beach front restaurant with a deck that you can feed the fishes from..
The resort breakfast, continental, was great. Fresh fruit, croissant, muffins, rolls, toast, cereal,
jams, etc, and this was a buffet- help yourself...
There is a central pool- great for the kids, and about twenty feet away is a lovely lagoon. The water is quite shallow, and the visibility is stunning. The island is surrounded by a coral reef, making a protected marine environment- and the fish varieties are some of the best I have ever seen, including octopus, and moray eel.
The staff are wonderful, very friendly, very helpful- nothing was too much trouble. The layout of the resort was very easy to get around- the main bar- the Tangaroa, was next to the pool, and Captain Andy's Bar and Grill served beautiful, plentiful meals. The hibiscus hut- where the lovely Leelany works, makes the best coffee's, and easy take away sandwiches for lunch. Come sundown the Happy hour at the bar is great- cheap delicious cocktails- the island girl is big enough for 4 people. The passionfruit mojito was my fav, ask for Akbar at the bar- he makes the best cocktails, and has a wonderful sense of humour.
Get to the activities hut for all your fun- the orientation tour will give you a good sense of where everything is- check the board there daily for all you fun things to do. From ukalaly lessons to table tennis, hat weaving and night snorkling- they have the lot. It is truly a complete holiday- you don't have to leave the resort- it is all there for you..
But take the clockwise bus, go for a trip around the island- and don't miss the saturday morning market downtown- great for those take home gifts..
It was very luscious and green, a true tropical paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an iconic South Pacific resort, the Cook Islands' signature resort. Slip off your watch, your shoes, your cares and immerse yourself in paradise at the renowned Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa. Hand feed the friendly reef fish or snorkel straight off the white sands of Aroa Beach in the crystal clear blue waters of Aro'a Lagoon Marine Reserve (the resort's guided Night Snorkeling Tours are a special treat!). This all-tide lagoon is also perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking (both free!). For couples in love, there's a Personal Wedding Planner to create your dream tropical sunset beach wedding, right beside Aro'a Lagoon, the Lagoon of Love, set on the island's stunning southwest which enjoys both all-day sun and sizzling tropical sunsets. Experience all that's authentic about Rarotonga right in your absolute beachfront, full-service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rarotongan Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort And Spa
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga/Aroa Beach