The resort is right on the beach in a stunning location and the snorkelling and water frontage is fantastic.
We stayed for eight nights recently. The breakfasts were fairly basic but sufficient. Housekeeping fairly hit and miss and we had to ask for our room to be serviced as had only been done once in four days and the restaurants for evening meals had pretty poor service although food was of good quality. The service in The Rarotongan at lunchtime was appalling....didn't seem to be enough staff on or serving and poor Stu was run off his feet but did his very best for us.
The accommodation was dated, overpriced and disappointing and in need of refurbishment....certainly not 4 star by international standards. During our stay they spend two days rebuilding the beach and the pool area was being refurbished which we were not warned about.
We had a good time but overall felt it was a hefty price that we paid and think we may have been better off at another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach