Just arrived back this morning from 8 days at The Sanctuary, Rarotonga and miss it already. Personally thought having reception at the bar in the restaurant was a fabulous idea. Was handed a fresh fruit juice which was sipped while we signed in. This less formal method was totally in keeping with being on a tropical island. Staff members were always helpful, friendly and smiling. By day two Leilani who works in the restaurant and reception knew our names and what drinks we preferred. She and the rest of the staff always took the time to stop and chat for a couple of minutes each time we met and were always helpful when we had a query. Waking up in the morning to the crash of waves on the reef and stepping out of the room to a view of palm trees and ocean was just magic. The service wasn't always perfect and had to chase after the room service person a couple of times and ask for supplies that she had forgotten to leave in the room but my polite requests were always met with an apology and a smile. If you want a holiday where life is slower and time is not of the essence, people friendly and staff helpful and smiling then The Sanctuary is the place to stay. It is not perfect but it is certainly worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach