We stayed at the Sanctuary for 4 nights while we attended a wedding. We liked that it was adults only and the facilities were very nice. We also liked that it shared faciities with the Rarotongan so we could go snorkeling on the beach and use the kayaks. The staff seemed nice and friendly without being over the top.
But I think it you wanted a really nice romantic holiday it would be better to look for something a bit quieter and smaller. While we were at the Sanctuary there was a conference on, so quite a lot of the time the restaurants were being taken over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach