“These people are GREAT!”

The Dive Centre - The Big Fish
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, conveniently located on the stunning marine reserve of Aroa beach. We offer guided dives for all levels, from wrecks to passages, drop off’s, night dives and more. Our friendly multilingual staff can cater for total beginners to the highly experienced in the crystal clear warm water of the south pacific. The Dive Centre Provides daily introduction lagoon and boat dives, with light refreshments served after every treasured water experience, also available are dive packages that will include accommodation if needed, complimentary pick up/ drop off from your resort, and a variety of courses from open water to dive master and specialties.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The people here are hilarious and hospicious, Sabine handled our payments was very hospitable, and our dive instructor Dave was passionate and hilarious! Plus, it was Dave's birthday and we had chocolate cake afterwards =) Although slightly more expensive than other dive options, we chose The Dive Centre because most scuba divers practise with first-timers in a pool, whereas The Dive Centre practised scuba first-time diving with us in the lagoon: and that means a lot more fishes!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Back into diving after a 12yr. break and found all the staff very understanding and supportive, they helped me through my refresher dive and then out onto the reef for four dives at different sites. I felt very rusty at first but soon felt confident and with their help really got back into it and had forgot how magical it all is. Many thanks to everyone for looking after me and I can thoroughly recommend the Dive Centre if you are visiting Rarotonga.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time diving so we weren't sure what to expect, but the staff we terrific made us feel completely safe and we had the best experience of our entire trip.

1  Thank Mick2786
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I cancelled my booking with the Dive Centre and booked elsewhere after visting their shop and encoutering the woman behind the counter. I felt like I was being treated like a child. After walking out bewildered, I called and cancelled my booking. Adventure Cook islands are much more professional and easy going.

4  Thank Steve M
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Their equipment is in excellent condition. I have rarely dived with such good diving equipment.
Everyone was super friendly and the staff went the extra mile. I really feel the cold, and they gave me a 3 mil long suit and another 3 mil shorty on top of it. Because I had blisters on my feet I got given booties with fins instead of the standard fins.
And everything else it was also top notch, friendliness, local knowledge, savtey.. I was really well looked after.

The only way they could have made my dive an even better experience is, if they could control the weather – I was a bit unlucky there.

1  Thank Ulli19