I planned my retirement vacation to Rarotonga for over a year. TripAdvisor and Epinions (and especially LordBalfor) helped me decide on Palm Grove as the place at which I most wanted to stay -- especially their beachfront units.
It was everything I could have hoped for -- and more, since the beachfront units now have air-conditioning too! We stayed in a garden unit for six days and then a beachfront unit for two days. Both were wonderful, but the beachfront unit was absolutely excellent. I loved watching the water from the deck with my morning coffee or evening Pina Colada. We used the air-conditioning constantly when we were in the garden unit, but the sea breeze kept us cool enough in the beachfront unit that we didn't need to use it at all there. Both types of units were clean and nicely furnished.
When we were there in mid-to-late-April, there were not very many other people. If we saw four or five others on the beach, we considered it a "crowd"! We did meet and spend time with several other guests while there.
The Palm Grove grounds are lush and well-kept. The beach is beautiful, and you can walk far along it in either direction, if so inclined. Chairs, kayaks and snorkeling equipment are provided. The office staff is helpful. The Yellow Hibiscus restaurant (on site) has delicious food and drink, and serves a fine continental breakfast. There is a pool and barbeque by the garden units. There are laundry facilities and a few shelves of books too.
We spent several days at one of the larger resorts as well. If I were to go back again, I'd stay at the Plam Grove, in a beachfront unit, the whole time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands