See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2016

As noted by other reviewers, the family and staff provide an exceptional level of service, very welcoming and helpful. The meals were of an excellent quality using vegetables grown locally, sometimes by the family. As vegetarians we really appreciated this. We enjoyed the calm of off high-season.

Room tip: Worth paying 5€ a night extra for room facing the sea.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clavetteur
Reviewed July 6, 2016

From the moment my family and I set foot on the property, we were welcomed with open arms and made to feel like an old friend. Our host was the owner, Andelko, and he was supremely knowledgeable. He helped me plan fantastic day trips to delights such as the lavish caves known as ‘Maneta Pec’ which are tucked away neatly in the Paklenica National Park. He organized rafting trips for us to Zrmanje which is something we will never forget. When I mentioned my wife enjoyed the sunsets in Croatia, he promptly arranged for a local fisherman to take us on an unforgettable boat trip to watch what is probably the best sunset of my life. Definitely something for the bucket list.

The facilities were very clean and well maintained. The kitchen is world class and I thoroughly enjoyed the organic homemade local produce and freshly caught fish.
Thanks to a previous TripAdvisor poster, I took an ocean facing room with a balcony and it was definitely worth it.

There is no doubt that I will be back and easily recommend this place as the best place I have ever been to in Croatia!

Room tip: Get the balcony facing the ocean.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Tome_Aus
Reviewed May 30, 2016

One would be hard-pressed to find a friendlier staff than the fine folks at Pension Andelko in Starigrad. When we arrived, we were met out front by the owner's daughter, who warmly greeted us and made us feel so welcome. Her father also greeted us, and throughout the rest of our 2-day stay they both would take time to chat, offer sight-seeing advice, and make sure we had everything we needed. We felt like old friends.

The Pension is located right on the Adriatic and next to the town's small, yet pretty harbor. It is also just a short drive to Paklenica National Park. We had magnificent views of both from our spacious room, which included a large balcony. We normally don't spend much time in our rooms when vacationing, but an exceptionally rainy and stormy day did force us to spend more time in our room here, which made us thankful for such a comfortable and large room.

The breakfast was abundant and tasty, and along with the standard fare of bread, jams, cold cuts, cheeses and fruit, also included made-to-order eggs.

Parking was directly in front of the hotel, which was extremely convenient.

If our travels ever take us back to this area, there is no place else we will stay. Excellent!

Room tip: Pay the few dollars extra for a room with a balcony. You won't regret it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gschloesser1
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

We were here 4 nights while climbing at Paklencia national park. Really friendly staff and really good service. Nothing bad to say about this place. Highly recomended if you are planning to spend time at the national park.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jussi T
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

I spent 4 nights here whike climbing in paklenica. Place was in good condition and very clean, but the service was the best part. I have never had this good service, not even at 5 star hotel. I can defenitly recommend this for anyone.

Trip type: Traveled with friends