“A great trip for my Birthday”

The Coach and Horses
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kew
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Spent a week at the Coach and Horses for my birthday with my wife and son and had a fantastic time. My wife and I stayed in a big room and were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. The room was very clean and well presented. Our son's room was also very well presented. The breakfast selection was very good. I cannot eat gluten and the hotel was very accommodating and understood my needs. The only negative is that they didn't have any gluten free bread, which is a constant problem with hotels. I always carry my own bread with me just in case but it would be really nice if hotels, and the Coach and Horses, made the effort (especially when given notice). Anyway moan over! We did have a fantastic time and time in the bar is always good due to the atmosphere. The location overlooking Kew Green is also good to look over, or walk around, down to the river, or visit some of the other pubs around the Green.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101, which is a large room with disabled facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KeithWiltshire_UK

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

One of my most memorable afternoons. They have a great selection of beer and the food is amazing as well more importantly though the outside seating as well as the library makes you want to move here. The appetizers were excellent and the crab cakes fantastic as well.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here 11th/13th November. The rooms are large and well maintained. The bar and restaurant served great food and drinks. The service was friendly and efficient. Great to have on site parking. Overall a first class experience. We will definately stay again.

Terry & Sharon Synnott

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Charming pub, w/ food served in the bar & restaurant. Good size portions, well seasoned cooking and - if you can get one of the two tables - a fascinating view of the kitchen & their finishing touches!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W13_and_beyond
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had to go to a funeral Kew, and I had never been there before; so I did my normal Trip Advisor / Hotels.com search and fairly randomly chose the Coach and Horses; my wife and I expected the normal style small English pub hotel experience, so we booked a twin room, because we don't like the tiny, bouncy double beds that are normally associated with accommodations like these.
When we arrived, we could immediately see that the interior had been very recently re-done, and it was very well done. Our hostess who checked us in, Pippa I believe, was extremely pleasant, not to mention having a really great sense of humour! We were instantly made to feel very welcome. On our way to our room we saw into a double room.....oh how wrong we were! King size beds, spacious rooms and well appointed.
Our stay was very good. If you find your self staying in Kew, the C&H is the place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Came to London for a funeral and needed to stay over. This was nearest to where we needed to be. What a lovely hotel - lovely modern room, comfy beds, huge fluffy towels, everything we needed. Very friendly manager and very attentive staff. We had lunch there when we arrived and an evening meal after the funeral party. The restaurant is lovely and the food and service wonderful. Breakfast the next day was excellent too with more choice of food than I have seen in a long time. All in all we wouldn't hesitate to return - hopefully not for the same reason though!

Room Tip: All I can say is we had room. 211 - on the side, double glazed, very peaceful
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thank you Coach and Horses for a wonderful trip. Our parents needed a place to stay while visiting us in London, and we needed it to be stair free, away from hustle and bustle of London, and friendly and inviting. Having lived in London for a year, to be honest it was hard to find such a place. But this place was perfect. I can speak to the room which was very roomy and comfortable, had plenty of sitting area so that we could hang out for an afternoon or evening if tired. The bathroom was amazingly clean and bright and inviting. The food was true to pub food, but grade A pub food - worth the higher price - very fresh, and the breakfasts were boutique hotel style lovely - seriously I think the eggs are fresh from the back where they have a lovely garden and picnic area --and chickens!. Last, but not least, staff here (from the cooks and managers who brought out the breakfasts, to the smiling bar staff, and waitresses) was nicer than any place I've been to in London, very caring and talkative and down to earth. The location was perfect as we could catch a bus to our house practically outside of the hotel and easy access to Kew town center and Richmond as well. Having Kew gardens in such close proximity somehow made the whole trip feel like a trip to Maui and not a big city. I could go on and on, but all that needs to be said is I would certainly tell anyone visiting to stay here, I know my parents will want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kew
Kew Gardens Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
#3 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames
Premier Inn London Richmond Hotel
Premier Inn London Richmond Hote...
#1 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames
The Petersham Hotel
The Petersham Hotel
#5 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames
Urban Villa Hotel
Urban Villa Hotel
#2 of 7 in Brentford
Travelodge London Kew Bridge

Been to The Coach and Horses? Share your experiences!