Stayed here for two nights (Jan. 27 and 28) in room 103. Hotel location is about 10 minutes from Kew Gardens Tube Station and Kew Gardens. Bus stop for 65 and 391 is around the corner. Limited underground guest parking is available. You can either take the elevator or stairs to the parking garage. Luckily it was not a busy weekend so we did not have difficulty finding parking.
The room size is average and has air condition. The bed is king size, comfortable mattress and soft bed linens. In addition this room has, two side chairs, coffee table, portable electric heater, flat screen television with Freeview channels, desk, iron, ironing board, blow dryer, kettle, cups and saucers, teaspoons, selection of teas, milk, hot chocolate, biscuits, a couple of glasses. There are used books for sale as well. Bathroom towels and toiletries (i.e. shampoo, gel, lotion, bubble bath gel, shower cap) are good quality. The bedroom lighting is not that bright and cannot be adjusted. The bathroom lighting is okay. Bathroom does not have extraction fan so you have to use something to keep bathroom door ajar to let the steam out. By the way, there was a dirty cup and glass in the bathroom on our first night..... I guess the cleaning staff forgot to take it away. I called the front desk and a man brought over a cup/saucer, teaspoon, and glass.
Breakfast is included. Hot breakfast has 5-6 choices. I had eggs Benedict both days which I liked. My husband had English breakfast both days and said it was good. They also have cereals, fresh fruits, orange juice, apple juice, jug of water, coffee, tea, latte, sweet rolls (i.e. croissants, cinnamon rolls).
On Sunday, we had lunch at the restaurant and ordered roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, banana fritters with vanilla ice cream and lattes which we enjoyed very much.
I have three gripes. One is the not so bright bedroom lights, no extraction fan in the bathroom and Wi-Fi does not work all the time. I spoke to Carey at the front desk. She said Wi-Fi was on. Told her Wi-Fi is not responding. She was going to contact someone to see what can be done.
Carey, another lady who works at the front desk and restaurant staff are all helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just like the coaching inns of old, we provide a relaxed home-from-home for locals and visitors alike - and if you're staying with us, you can be assured of all the comforts and luxuries you'd expect from the best modern accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Coach and Horses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coach And Horses Hotel Richmond-Upon-Thames
- Coach And Horses Richmond