I have to admit that I liked this hotel more before I got the bill. It's not their fault, I got confused with the charges at the other 7 hotels I stayed at on this trip. I think overall that it was in line with London prices, but you're not really in London here. Nonetheless, it was where I needed to be for my business.
The staff was friendly and on top of any difficulties.
The hotel is above a busy pub but you couldn't tell that from inside the very large and comfortable hotel rooms. The room was very clean and had a window that opened. The wifi worked well. I liked that they had novels in the room and in the common area.
Breakfast comes with the room and is generous. I had dinner at the restaurant one night and was pleased with it. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance. Kew Gardens is a 5 minute walk away.
But I had a terrible time getting here from Paddington Station on the Underground because the line was closed for repairs, apparently very common now in preparation for the 2012 Olympics. I was really glad I didn't have to take the Tube anywhere else. If I were to come to London for the sight seeing, I'd stay within walking distance of the sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just like the coaching inns of old, we provide a relaxed home-from-home for locals and visitors alike - and if you're staying with us, you can be assured of all the comforts and luxuries you'd expect from the best modern accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Coach and Horses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coach And Horses Hotel Richmond-Upon-Thames
- Coach And Horses Richmond