Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

from $73.40
from $90.40
from $16.40
5,794 results
All reviews palm house temperate house treetop walk christmas lights land train glass house light show victoria gate orangery restaurant japanese garden plants and trees entrance fee rose garden sandwiches cake mulled wine sunny day
Reviewed yesterday

Decided to spend more or less the full day here due to the time of year and the weather
,got in on a two for one offer and this place is seriously large so got great VFM .
It's just to large to just walk arround on its own so decided to take the mini bus/train ride around the place which takes arround an hour .
Entrance is near where the tube/overground is and its in quite a posh area of london
Food can be quite dear inside so take a picnic if you need , consider becoming a member for the year if you can get here regular .
Badgers have a set on the ride around and you see most of the great sites includeing the pagoda .
Backs onto the tidal thames at one point in the journey
While its winter there were quite a few here , I would think summers days can be very busy .
Lots and lots inside , will leave the pictures to tell the story

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Visited here. All was good apart from the fact that the main cafe was closed for refurbishment work and we had to use a hut as am alternative. The kew explorer was very good with interesting commentary and the 2 galleries were interesting too.

Reviewed 2 days ago

This for us was a tree filled wonderland. So many big old trees and they had descriptions on them on their history. The leaves were changing since it is fall and so many are lovely. We enjoyed the orangery that had lunch with so many different food options.
We climbed the stairs for the tree top views...if you don't like heights, don't do this.
They do have a lift if you can't do stairs. The "hive" is an engineering structure that
promotes understanding the pollinators of this world. For us, this was an all day trip.
If I lived nearby, I'd be over there all the time. So many things to see and do.
I suggest using the restrooms(toilets)when you check in. They are spread throughout the grounds but there is so many paths and walks, you have to plan. My favorite was the
trees, the flowers (not too many left now), the orangery, the Queen's garden, the plant shop with so many options of seeds (which we couldn't bring back), the gift shop, the Temperate House and just the calm of the scenery. A must visit if you love plants. Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We live by Kew Gardens and take our children every week to visit. The annual family pass is around £120 and worth its weight in gold. We use the botanical gardens as our local park. (No scooters or bikes allowed though). It’s beautiful, culturally enriching, full of British heritage and a great way for our kids to see and learn about nature and history.

We feel very lucky to live so near to such a wonderful place. The Christmas lights are not to be missed. Kew really have nailed how to create a magical mystery light show with a real element of the arts about it. At the end of the walk you end up at a vintage style amusement fair complete with Helter Skelter and Carousel. It’s beautiful and so quintessentially British.

There are lots of stops along the route for mulled wine and minced pies or if you’re feeling very hungry plenty of delicious food huts such as hog roast buns and burgers.

The shop at Kew Gardens is also brilliant! I have bought lots of pots and toys in the main shop. Great quality and not over priced. Spring 2019 they will open a fantastic new kids playground - we can’t wait!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Kew Gardens is huge and you defiantly cannot see it all unless you stay the whole day. Good for families, lots of things for kids to do. The park is clean, tidy and well kept but needs better signage.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

The Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew are a must see. They are dedicated to the preservation of plants and trees from all over the world. They have amazing indoor exhibits in the Palm House, Temperate House, and the Princess of Wales Conservatory. Their outdoor gardens and arboretum are very well done also. We got there at opening and stayed until right before closing. Even in October, there was much to see.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Love Kew Gardens. With the leaves glowing it’s a great time of year to visit. So much to see. Walk in the tree tops gives great views but only go up if you don’t mind walking on wobbly structures that sway! Will be back again.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Visited last Saturday, at the end of half-term, with our two children (11 and 8). Arrived at about 9.40am to make sure we got a parking space, but the car park was empty. Cost £7... Could probably have parked along the road nearby, although it was pretty busy.

The lady at the ticket office was very pleasant. They include a voluntary donation when they tell you the ticket price. Of course, I don't mind paying it but makes it difficult to refuse if you do!

Kids loved the fallen tree trunks and spent a while climbing over them. They also loved the treetop walk. The hive was interesting. We all enjoyed wandering around the glasshouses. So many interesting plants to look at and I'm not really a plant person.

We took a small picnic with us, following previous reviews of the food. Plenty of benches to sit on, although was a bit chilly.

Signposting could be better. Also a bit frustrating that the cafe and play area shut about an hour earlier than the rest of the gardens. However, all staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful.

Good day out. Some kids will enjoy it, others won't. I did also take my Year 3 class about 12 years ago and they seemed to get a lot out of it.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 days ago

The place itself is a treasure trove of wonderful trees and plants, and of course the magnificent Palm House and Temperate House are must-sees. It is truly a beautiful place to visit and we spent several hours there. However, the food is terrible (we tried twice and were served luke-warm food, then stale sandwiches), the Orangery cafe itself was grubby, and the signage/maps confusing. It is such a shame as the place as such huge potential as an all-round wonderful visitor attraction.

Reviewed 6 days ago

A short trip from central London on the district tube line and a 5 minute walk found my wife and I at the beautiful Kew Gardens. We had a nice walk around to see the treetop walkway and the hive which my wife wanted to see (I had to pass on the walkway due to fear of heights, but there is an elevator so I could go straight back down). The hive was very cool. We also went through the rose garden, tropical greenhouse and admired some of the vistas. At the entrance we were told to be sure to join one of the free guided tours so we stopped in for the 1:30 PM tour. To our surprise we were the only ones, so the nice lady give us a private tour! It lasted for almost 90 minutes and she took us though all of the Diana greenhouses and a couple of other stops and even though my wife and I know very little about plants we had a great time listening to the lady talk enthusiastically about many different subjects, and we certainly learned a lot and it was a great way to experience the gardens. We would have missed so much had we aimlessly walked through ourselves without the benefit of the tour. I only wish I could remember her name.

Overall we had a great time at the garden and I would definitely recommend taking one of the free introductory tours even if you don't think you would be interested in botany. I only wish we could have stayed longer to do a full lap of the grounds and walk down by the river.