“Great French Food”

Ma Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oh so French and oh so charming, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is Kew���s very own Gallic dining room, where locals and visitors are invited to enjoy rustic French cuisine in delightfully traditional surroundings. In the very heart of Kew Village, close to the train station and local shops, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is situated in the old Post Office with its large arched window and smattering of pavement tables and chairs. It���s an attractive space decorated with characteristic red and white chequered tablecloths, dark wood ladder backed chairs, impressionist posters and black and white tile flooring, all bringing to mind those tiny cafes on town squares all over Brittany. Serving high quality food at realistic prices, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is the proud owner of a Michelin Bib Gourmand, awarded for its fresh, delicious dishes of classical and rustic origin. Relaxed and convivial, this lovely restaurant is popular for laid back lunches, catering for a range of appetites, while evening brings the opportunity to really unwind with a bottle of excellent French wine and good food in a romantic setting.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked a table there for a meal with my wife, son and his girlfriend after the rugby final at Twickenham. The traffic was a bit bad but they kept our reservation on what was quite a busy Saturday night. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful, and provided good advice in choosing from the extensive and authentic menu. The food was very good in particular the hare and the coq au vin which were truly delicious. At the end the price was a demonstration of the very good value that this restaurant represents. Well worth a visit especially if you like French food.

There are newer reviews for Ma Cuisine

Reviewed June 4, 2014

A real little find! This reminded me of meals taken years ago in a Parisien dive. Lots of character and, on this particular day – as a bonus – all the service staff were French. The service was very good – prompt and considerate. I was warned off the starter salad because the portions would be too big for the mains I was having – nice touch. The starter I had - prawns with a marie rose sauce was simple – but well presented and tasty none the less. My mains of coq au vin was full of flavour and very filling as it was deep and rich and accompanied by mash potato and green beans. I was too full for dessert but my friend had a tarte citron, which was delightful. There is also the opportunity to take a cheese board. The wine selection was surprisingly good with lots of wine by the glass – many of which can be taken at 175 or 250 ml sizes. The merlot was particularly delightful. All in all this was a very enjoyable experience and I would be very happy to return. As a bonus it is right next to the station.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I went to the restaurant having walked past it several times. When we got there, they were a little confused about our booking but we did get a table. We waited for a really long time for menus and eventually asked for them. The waiter brought us the wine menu and the dessert menu. We asked again for the real menus and he said that they were the menus and didn't seem to acknowledge that they were dessert menus (despite all the other tables having the actual menus). Eventually another waiter brought us the correct menus but again we waited for a really long time and we had been in the restaurant for 35 minutes before anyone took our order.

When my soup starter arrived the waiter repeatedly asked me if it was really for me. I don't know why. It was really delicious though and nearly worth the hour wait for it.

Our mains arrived quite quickly and they were absolutely delicious. It was a shame that we had waited so long as I started feeling quite sick with hunger by the time it all came and I couldn't finish it.

I would probably go back again as the food was lovely and I would like to see if it was a one off 'off night' for the waiting staff. We asked not to pay the service charge as we didn't feel it deserved it. But I'm willing to try again for the sake of the food. Approach with caution is all I'd say!

1  Thank Stefanie S
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visited this restaurant with a Travelzoo voucher for £32 for 2 people to have Beef Wellington, glass of wine each and 2 sides each.
Food was amazing, service is was great and dessert (creme brulee) was lovely.
It was nice to be treated so well be the staff even though we had come with a voucher, staff in restaurants often treat you differently if you're not paying full price but that was not the case here.
I'd recommend this restaurant, and would jump at the chance to get another voucher!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We've eaten here a lot - most recently last night and it's always enjoyable. It's classic bistro food but done to a very high standard. The menu stays much the same - but with some seasonal variations - and includes staples like pork belly, coq au vin, beef wellington, cassoulet, rack of lamb - but what makes this place stand out is the flavours. The sauces are rich and delicious and the meat always cooked to succulent perfection. Add to that friendly service and a decent wine list and it amounts to a very good evening out - and a very reasonably priced one too. Our one criticism is that my wife who's pescatarian often finds very few options for her on the menu, often only 1. Last night it was Halibut - which again was beautiful but it would be nice if there was a bigger range for fish eaters and they really ought to think about this. All in all though this place deserves the good reputation it's worked hard to build.