Ma Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oh so French and oh so charming, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is Kew���s very own Gallic dining room, where locals and visitors are invited to enjoy rustic French cuisine in delightfully traditional surroundings. In the very heart of Kew Village, close to the train station and local shops, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is situated in the old Post Office with its large arched window and smattering of pavement tables and chairs. It���s an attractive space decorated with characteristic red and white chequered tablecloths, dark wood ladder backed chairs, impressionist posters and black and white tile flooring, all bringing to mind those tiny cafes on town squares all over Brittany. Serving high quality food at realistic prices, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is the proud owner of a Michelin Bib Gourmand, awarded for its fresh, delicious dishes of classical and rustic origin. Relaxed and convivial, this lovely restaurant is popular for laid back lunches, catering for a range of appetites, while evening brings the opportunity to really unwind with a bottle of excellent French wine and good food in a romantic setting.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Been 2 times now if I live in the area I'II be there a lot. My daughter loved the fresh crab salad with apple and this high class sort of crab sauce served with it.
Had the sirloin steak au poivre and great cheese.
One of Kew's best secrets is Ma cuisine

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked a table for Sunday lunch and after we went to Kew gardens instead of looking at the many plants and different flowers, most of the time we talked about how good the meal was at Ma cusiine. This is not just one of those pumped up reviews you see on trip adviser, the food was one of the best lunches I have had for a long time.
Aspragus with artichoke with fresh truffles in this wonderful truffle mayonnaise, black pudding in pastry with creamy mustard sauce. the roast saddle of lamb stuffed with dates and still pink in the middle, the wife had Seabass with a sort of rouille sauce with grilled Provençal vegetables. Perfect.

1  Thank Lola P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was in the area last week visiting an old friend and she recommended that we go and have lunch at Ma Cuisine. I must say I am a bit apprehensive about going for lunch somewhere I have not been before but I was surprisingly impressed.
It was a little busy when we went in but the service was still excellent, the staff definitely knew what they were doing and being busy certainly did not faze them.
We are not very big eaters so we just had a main course but it definately made up for not having a starter or a dessert because it really was excellent, great food!

1  Thank Ella E
Reviewed May 13, 2013

been a regular for about 3 years now,I use to go to john's other place in twickenham but I heard that John McC now cooks at Kew Ma Cuisine so I have been going ever since.
went last week and had a fab coq au vin the best for years my other half had halibut with laugutines and a wonderful lobster sauce. hope it stays that good as I am planning to book his birthday threr next month

1  Thank 505soniam505
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Oh dear. I should have read the most up-to-date reviews. I drove two hours through a blizzard of bicyclists (Wiggo has a lot to answer for), lured by the website 's offer of Bouillabaisse and Crepes Suzette, only to find a grim menu threatening "Sunday roasts" of beef, lamb, pork and chicken.
Call me a cynic, but I never believe a small restaurant has the space or inclination to have 4 separate roasts on the go for one lunch. So, actually, we're talking the dreaded bought-in pre-sliced microwaveable taste-free schlock. We had the liver, perfectly ok, nicely cooked, but I advise avoidance of the asparagus, three brittle spears on a rather nasty mayonnaise.
I did ask, and was told the website menu was only weekdays, so why not say so? Am I going to do a repeat journey to find out? I am not, especially now it's reported the chef has changed.
Two good notes: my grandson loved his Cheeseburger, and I loved my Nougat Glacé - last survivor perhaps of the ancien regime. £84 for 2 adults and a child, including good coffee and friendly service.

1  Thank ThorpeT