“Terrible food, wonderful waitress”
Review of Ask Italian - Kew

Order Online
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Kew is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Kew menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited ASK in Kew numerous times in the past, but never experienced an evening like tonight.
Our starters of mushrooms were raw, the children’s pizza’s were over cooked and looked like cardboard (after waiting a very long time for them - over an hour) we had to send them back.
I cannot praise the waitress Karolina enough. She was so friendly, kind and understanding and sorted everything out for us like it was no trouble. She is a credit to ASK and should be a manager herself.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (276)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The service was amazing and the way the staff dealt with an appallingly behaved table was admirable. They were affable and nothing was too much bother, very impressed with the service.

The food was delicious and piping hot.

The whole meal was lovely but the chocolate gnocchi for dessert is a great idea and on another level! Thank you to the lovely staff!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019

We like Ask, not just because of Tesco vouchers, but because it’s a good place for Italian fare. Nothing cheffy but good basic Italian offerings with flair. Pizzas and pastas obviously but also good meat, fish and veggie mains and offerings with smaller calorie counts, which I had. Nice selection of wines (Italian only obviously!), and this particular venue is set in a lovely building, with great vistas over the Green. Good early meal for a later visit to Kew Gardens Chihuly Nights!

Reviewed August 25, 2019

I used to come to this place regularly and always had a good meal at a good price.I was very disappointed last night as the quality of the food has definitely taken a turn for the worse.Must have a new chef.The service and atmosphere was not at fault.I didnt eat my salad as it looked unappetising and not the way I expected.The Manager did take it off the bill and offer something else.I was not feeling like I wanted to order anything else after that.

I do hope the food quality,portion size too and value for money improves as I doubt I will bother to visit here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Were were in Kew staying for the Proms. We visited twice whilst here- we were served by a lovely lady Kasiaa. Food was great, lovely conservatory. Such a great place to eat as always when we are in Kew.