“Poor service and food lets down lovely pub.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Waterwitch

Waterwitch
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Odiham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor service and food lets down lovely pub.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

A lovely pub with a good selection of food and drink available. The pub itself is well laid out and there is plenty of space in the beer garden. Unfortunately, the standard of food served lets the pub down and the lack of staff meant that tables weren't cleared for quite a while.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“It was Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We visited on Saturday 15th March for an early dinner. We booked a table for 5.15pm but the service was so slow we didn't get our 1 starter until 5.50! It was only pate so I was a bit confused how it took so long! The waiter that took our order didn't seen to care too much, it all seemed a bit of a chore to him. I fancied the haddock fish cakes but was told they had sold out so had to have the fish pie. The food was very nice when it arrived, albeit quite small portions for the price.

Fleet, United Kingdom
“Waiter refused to give me the drink I had ordered!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Went to the Waterwitch this week and ordered a large glass of red wine to go with my meal. When it arrived it was a 175ml glass not 250ml. The waiter refused to change it because "it has gone through the till now". I have never heard anything so utterly ludicrous. I said that I had clearly ordered a large glass (confirmed by my fellow dinner), but he wasn't having it. I did notice that the place was very empty for a Thursday night and I can't help wondering why. The food was very good (although my pork belly was not the generous portion I have enjoyed at other Chef and Brewers), but small things can really niggle and this was just so annoying! Its rare that I don't drive when I go out so I was looking forward to a large glass of wine. Surely it was just a case of voiding one transaction and entering another? I just got the impression he couldn't be bothered. *sigh*

1 Thank SueDoname
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We popped into the Waterwitch at Odiham, for a drink & a spot of lunch, but were so disappointed by the appalling service we received, that we left after our first drink.
It was a warm sunny day & as such the pub garden was very busy as was the restaurant, but there were only 2 people serving behind the bar. The bar is surprisingly small considering the number of tables.
The older lady serving was clearly stressed & shouted at people to not queue along the bar but to queue from the right up towards the entrance. The bar itself was very hot & we waited ages to get served. It was not a nice welcoming experience, so we ordered our drinks, drank & left.
Having read the reviews here on trip advisor I'm very glad we didn't endure the wait for food.
Shan't be back!

3 Thank bl0ndie72
Havant
“Awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with aunt and mother in law last week. Fish was dry and grossly overcooked. Gammon also bone dry and. Pork belly even this was dried out. Seemed that most must have been over microwaved or left to dry out under lights before serving. Crime brûlée was more like scrambled egg. Never again!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank HavantHog
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Waterwitch, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear HavantHog

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Waterwitch in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards