“Awful food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Havant
“Awful food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with aunt and mother in law last week. Fish was dry and grossly overcooked. Gammon also bone dry and. Pork belly even this was dried out. Seemed that most must have been over microwaved or left to dry out under lights before serving. Crime brûlée was more like scrambled egg. Never again!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank HavantHog
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Waterwitch, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear HavantHog

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Waterwitch in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

London, United Kingdom
“Used to be really good - disappointed”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I went there with my fiancé for lunch. We have been there several times before and the food and service has always been very good. This time was different. We placed an our food and drinks order when the waiter came over - he was polite and took the details. After waiting around 25 minutes, our main course arrived which was a bit of a surprise as we had ordered starters...

Waited another 15 minutes and the starters arrived, they were OK but not up to the usual standards of the restaurant. Main was then served, which was reasonable. It took a long time between serving and we then asked twice to make payment as time was getting on, nobody came with the card machine. Eventually we decided to go to the desk to make payment.

I would have some sympathy if the place was exceptionally busy, but when we arrived there were about 3 other tables in there. I would honestly expect this kind of service from a cheaper outfit but not at a place like this.

Hopefully this was a one-off and we were just unlucky. We won't be dining there in the near future to find out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank runnerbean1979
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Average to good!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Three of us visited this pub for a birthday dinner. Very clean and tidy both inside and out was the first thing I noticed. Once inside we were warmly greeted by a staff member and given a choice of tables. Menus quickly followed and orders efficiently taken.
Three different meals ordered and all arrived fairly promptly and happily devoured. Very tasty, but as I live in the Midlands I thought a little on the expensive side.
The only negative thing I found were the toilets which were cold, damp and in serious need of modernising,
Worth a visit.

Visited February 2014
Four Marks, ALTON, UK
“Nice Food & Good Service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited this Pub only because we had some vouchers to spend (obtained following a sub-standard visit to another establishment in the same Chain). To be honest we were not expecting too much and how wrong we were. Relatively early on a Friday evening we had not made a reservation but were greeted warmly and a table in the nicer part of the building near the front was soon found for us. Our waitress was smart and friendly.
We opted to pass on a starter thinking of the possibility of a dessert later. My Wife ordered the Gourmet Burger (cheese, bacon and a fried egg). She was a little unsure about including the egg but it turned out to a perfect addition. I opted for a 10oz Rib Eye Steak cooked medium. Both mains were served in a reasonable period and were really good, far exceeding expectations. My steak was perfectly cooked and extremely tasty, the burger receiving similar praise.
After much hesitation we eventually decided against a dessert only because we were already satisfied.
We are lucky to have a large number of good pub restaurants in the area but I have no doubt we will return to the Waterwitch.

Visited February 2014
poole
“Friendly Place”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went there to meet up for a birthday party today.
You can tell a well run establishment pretty quickly, tidy outside, all posters up to date, car parking available and clearly defined.
On entering we were immediately acknowledged [a small thing that goes a long way], the layout clean and tidy, 3 log fires burning and well tended too as well, oh, and a really nice touch by the front door of rugs if `your feeling chilly`, very nice and personal.
The bar area is small, but, considering the ground plan, utilized to it`s best potential.
Good range of beers and drinks and where first choice was requested and not available a comparable option was offered instead of the usual `don't do that` I hear a lot of elsewhere.
The table we had booked was clean, tidy and well appointed, the team worked well with each other.
The food arrived in a timely fashion, hot, well presented and enjoyable, the customary 4 minute check back to see if everything was alright carried out and gained an additional drinks order because of the availability of the team too.
We ate on NYE during the afternoon and the prep for the evening was being carried out unobtrusively around us, shows thought and planning to the customers needs.
I had the chicken caeser salad which was quite adequate in size and taste, though, as most do, wished I had chosen the salmon nicoise salad as that really did look delicious, maybe next time.
The manageress Fiona, was evident and took time to confidently engage us in conversation during the meal, which, again, cost nothing, but goes miles to making you feel valued, and not just a table to shunt through the profits.
All in all, well run, clean, tidy, welcoming and honest.
My only small criticism would be the gents, the hand dryer is uncomfortably close to a urinal, and behind the door in the lock up needs some cleaning issues to be addressed, however, that's just a nearly unnoticeable critique on an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable trip from Poole, Dorset to Odiham for lunch.

• Visited December 2013