“Good food & service.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stopped off here after a long walk along the Basingstoke Canal on a wet day with very muddy boots. No problem as long as we didn't stamp our feet!
Friendly staff showed us to a table and we were given good service throughout.
The food we ordered was timely and tasty and a reasonable selection of ales was available.
All reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went for a meal with my kids, was seated promptly and the food was perfect but was pretty much ignored once we had received our meals

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a previous bad experience (see review "Tasty food ... Terrible service") I feel I should congratulate the staff when we were given the opportunity to revisit.

What a difference this time. The staff made us all feel welcome and were attentive to the needs of the children in our group. Drinks and food orders were taken efficiently and delivered promptly. I was especially pleased there wasn't a grumpy man at the till like last time!

Well done Waterwitch.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Had to be asked to be seated on arrival, after drinks were ordered I then had to chase someone order the food, then for sauces etc.
the restaurants was extremely warm and we visited in October no air con, doors or windows open, made the visit very uncomfortable.
Food was good and reasonably priced!
I think they are possible need to recruit an retrain staff.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Waterwitch, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Covestiffee, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked a table for a rare evening out on a Saturday night. Pub very busy with people eating so good job we booked, but unfortunately for us our table was in a pokey little room up some stairs. We then waited 20 minutes before we got our drinks and a little bit longer to order our food. The food arrived promptly but after that we never saw any staff again. We waited 45 minutes and then decided to leave. Food was average, i ordered a well done sirloin steak, but it was like eating shoe leather - too well done. When paying for our meal I mentioned to the waitress about the long wait, she apologised but said they didn't know it was going to be this busy! I have worked in numerous bar/restaurants and for a Friday/Saturday you make sure you have sufficient staff to cover, bearing in mind i had booked. Service not acceptable and won't be returning for a long time.

1  Thank Lynn L