“Great service, not so good food”

The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 9 nights and I must say that we had a brilliant customer service. Wayan and the rest of the waiters have been exceptionally good and friendly to us, but there are little things that this hotel needs improving and the reasons I wouldn't give it a five star is the food.
We had breakfast included in the booking and we were not happy at all, there wasn't even the basics of breakfast i.e choice of cheese or fresh vegetables, no mushrooms or baked beans, every morning we had to ask for sliced cucumber and tomato because there wasn't any in the buffet. The fruit wasn't fresh at all, nor was the bread or the pastry. The breakfast chefs seemed new and inexperienced coz when you ask for well done eggs, they bring you rare ones, they probably didn't understand English. The juice had some white bits in and when we asked for another one, there were white bits again so we had to order freshly squeezed juice every morning, which wasn't that bad:). This hotel definitely need to do something about the food or the chefs. Also, for lunch we ordered pizza once and that wasn't fresh either, it had some weird taste and it was expensive. But on the positive note, once you leave the hotel and walk down the street, you will find so much choice of different type of restaurants with welcoming and very friendly people for such a cheaper price. Also, the hotel provides free shuttle bus to bali collection where you'll find so many restaurants with quality food. The hotel is very clean, the garden and the swimming pool is looked after all day, the beach is not so clean because of the boats and the other water sports activities provided in the area that makes it dangerous to swim (if you are with children) and makes the water dirty, but you've got the swimming pool
as alternative. The wifi reception is very good where the pool is, but not in your room. Overall, I would go back to bali, but I would not return to this hotel just because of the food
and the dirty sea water.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RaynaS_12

Reviewed July 8, 2013

its a good place to stay...it has good beach...and to top it all it has great service....they somehow gathered that it was my wife's birthday (I presume it was from the passports) and gave us a pleasant surprise...thnx for taking good care of us...:)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We loved the Bali Khama - it deserves 5 trip advisor "stars".

This is a perfect example of a “low rise” development in peaceful, secluded grounds. In my opinion the fact that it is sitting by (but not so close that its impacted by) larger, “mass” accommodation only enhances the sense that… well… you’ve made the right choice.

The finish of the hotel right from the small scale through to the large scale is immaculate. Beautiful, modern, functional and well designed. We stayed in one of the “modern pool villas” and were really, really happy with the room. The large bedroom, outside pool, sitting area and outside bathroom were fantastic and as expected, but what we hadn’t expected was the large outside living area with daybed, TV, stereo and desk with fridge, which really added another dimension of “outside living”. It made it far more homely.

Breakfast was lovely. All the usual suspects.

The pools and beach areas are lovely. Very quiet with more than enough space for everyone. Watersports are not provided but the hotel next door will rent you what you want for a fee. We didn’t use the spar but had a look and it seemed nice.

Service. I think the service at the Bali Khama deserves a special mention. The staff are wonderful. They went WELL out of their way for us in many, many ways. A special mention to the guys at the front desk… when our restaurant collection car was delayed they got out a hotel car especially for us and drove us all the way to where we needed to be… and the refused a tip. Never have I experienced this level of service, it was just amazing.

Thank you to the Bali Khama hotel and team – if we are ever in Bali again, we will be stopping by.

From Mr Robert! :0)

2  Thank Rob19822891
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The resort atmosphere was so relaxing it was a great place to relax and unwind from my busy life. The staff were so helpful and friendly that I would recommend this hotel to others and would go back their myself. My room was cleaned daily and had fresh sheets everyday! There are many dishes to choose from the morning Buffet breakfast that were delicious. Pancakes, eggs, toast, danish pastry, bacon, rice, salads, fresh fruit, juices, tea, coffee the list goes on and on. Thank you to the lovely staff at Bali Khama who made my stay a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Henrik S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I visited this resort last year with my wife, The resort was beautiful, It was huge, our had a private pool and jacuzzi. The room was spacious and bed was not king size but was emperor size. The resort has a private beach and is on the market lane. The sports activities are also very near to the resort. The restaurant had few limited options in buffet and À la carte. That should have been better

Overall it is a fantastic and beautiful resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, huge and comfy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent my first 5 days in honeymoon in the Bali Khama..
romantic pool villa is excellent..Hotel pool is good.. beach is good ..
the tanjung benoa ,nusa dua beach at night has a lot of restaurants, shops where you can have fun..

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My room was cleaned daily and had fresh sheets everyday!

Room Tip: Garden rooms were beautiful - 1124
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
#5 of 28 in Tanjung Benoa
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!