“Amazing, attentive staff”

The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa
“Amazing, attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here in October of 2012 the as soon as we arrived the staff were fantastic we arrived early and were walked to the bar area were we were giving a free drink whilst we waited for our room to be ready, the staff had us in and settled very quick. We booked a 1 bed pool villa it was fantastic and modern and the air con was great, the in room safe was fantastic as it operated with Yoyr bank card so you didn't have to worry at all, our room was turned every day while we were out and we always came back to find our aircon on ( great as it's always hot in Bali)
The restaurant was fantastic and thefood was always amazing we found ourself there every dinner and for every free morning breakfast.
Over all it is a fantastic relaxing place to stay if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked the double room through online site, but they upgraded to the small villa type room with a private pool. I am quite impressed with the room design. There is the spacious bathroom with the separate shower booth with the outdoor setting. It is really nice, but when it rains, the floor will be all wet...
The private pool was not very clean, so I mainly used the garden pool which was huge with a nice beach view. What is the point of having the private pool if it is lacking of clealiness?
There is the bar beside the pool and I had a coupe of drinks in the evening. Very quiet and relaxing atmosphere with a view of the beach. The breakfast served in a restaurant is not with qualities. They do not have much varieties and the food qualities are questionable. They could have done better with this. Overall, the hotel is very nice, but it may not be worth staying a villa if you pay the full price.

Room Tip: Better check the clealiness of the pool of the villa before getting the room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Although it was a good experience I wouldn't go back there again.
I think it's worth trying the villas. They are nice to stay at and the pool gives it a special feeling. The furniture need renovation
Room service isn't an advantage to some extent, I had a very hard time getting a speaker connected to my iPod. They told me the iPod dock is only available to selective room types, some are lower than mine, really ???
Beach is nice and quite but not good for swimming because if seaweed and some plasticky kind of thing.
Breakfast buffet is average
Overall it's a nice experience but not a Go-Again kind of one.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Bali Khama for 10 days in August 2012.

When we arrived at the hotel we were very impressed, it was lovely and modern, right opposite the beach - just what we wanted.

By our second night, all this was shattered, we went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant up the street, only to come back to find someone had entered our pool villa and stole my wifes iphone 4s and $10 aussie dollars!!

Without a shadow of a doubt, it was the 2 housekeeper guys who came and did the night turn down service while we were at dinner. No one else had entered the villa that night, or had they? all the staff have keys to the rooms so it could've actually been anyone, it was definately the staff.

The next few days of our holiday entailed going to the Police station 3 times to report the theft, not what you want to be doing on holiday.

We were very dissapointed that this happened, we didn't think things would get stolen out of our room at a 5 star hotel? I booked this hotel through reading the glowing reviews on tripadvisor, and we certainly didn't expect our belongings be stolen from us out of our locked villa.

The staff were semi-helpful, although they don't really care, the smiles are fake. All we were offered for compensation was a free massage!

We are certain that it was done by staff - who were all in it together, they knew we were out because they saw us leave when we walked past reception, and took the opportunity to enter our room, they strongly denied this when we approached them, they are all liars.

This caused my newly pregant wife and I great stress and inconvenience, and it ruined our holiday, and all we were offered was a free massage!

Needless to say we will not be staying at the Bali Khama Resort again, we have told all our friends, family and work colleagues - and they won't be either.

A word of warning - lock all your items up in the safe, we wish we had, but on the one night we thought a locked villa was safe enough, it wasn't!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank OzTraveller1975
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a very nice stay! The swimming-pool is huge and very convenient with a view on the beach.
We were a bit disappointed about the beach as the sea is not deep and had plenty of algaes... But the view is nice.
The breakfast is perfect!
Our room (a studio) was huge and very convenient to stay as a family with children. It would need to be renovated but it was clean.
We really appreciated our stay in this hotel, also because the staff was very friendly.

Brasschaat, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Bali Khama for 3 nights. The view of the hotel reception area and the pool is breathtaking. We had a deluxe room garden view (1121) which is a ground floor room. Although the room is very spacious we lacked space to put our suitcases. Also if you want to let some daylight in the room people passing by have a clear view of the room, so lack of privacy. the furniture is used for a hotel of this standard. When showering you could not prevent the bathroom from flooding as the water runs from the wall over the bath edge to the bathroom floor. I would expect more from a hotel in this class.
The pool area is really lovely and so is the bar. However it would be nice if they could diminish the sound level of the music as it is hard to find a place where you don"t hear the upbeat music. As the hotel also offers suites and villas with a private pool, I take not all hotel guests come to the pool and beach.

The restaurant is also beautifully located near the beach but the quality of the food is very moderate, we weren't impressed. Prices are quite high but that seems to be the standard in the Benoa-Nusa Dua area.

The pool area faces the beach and sufficient beds were available when we stayed. you get bothered quite often by salesman and women from the stalls both ends from the hotel beach and this get anoying but I understand they try to make a living too.

The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The first evening I twisted my ankle when comming down the stairs from the pool to the restaurant (watch your step as the surface with alternating tiles and grass is not even). Not only did they immediately help with ice cubes and informed the reception, the next day when I wanted to go to the BIMC hospital, they offered me complimentary a car with driver who staid there with me until my return. You might say that it is normal if a client has an accident in the hotel but I don't take such things for granted. Again the staff is very friendly and always ready to help out.

The Benoa area is very touristic, much one big hotel next to another. We were happy to be at a hotel that was much smaller and less crowed that the others. Having said this 3 nights was really the max I would stay in the area as it is too touristic for our liking (compare it to some of the beach areas in Turkey)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Xa4traveller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent 4 night at the hotel, we picked the romantic pool villa. The room is spacious, set between a nice outdoor living room and a big open bathroom, a small pool and a tiny garden. Everything is beautifully set, fantastic service and very friendly people. It's considered in Nusa Dua and just a 10 min ride from the Airport. It has its own private beach as well.
The only thing I didn't like was the pool, cuz it was small and not very clean. Other than that I think it's a great hotel and very comfortble, and I would definitely go back to it again.

• Stayed September 2012
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
#5 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,689 reviews

Been to The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!