“A huge ripoff”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Denver, Colorado
“A huge ripoff”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights recently after booking online for 120/night...I was shocked at both the service and the quality of the rooms. The main desk staff were rude. I was moved to three different rooms on the first night because: The first room was filthy and the safe was broken... The second was a twin share; I had paid for a double. The third had a double bed but smelt of mould and sewerage. I gave up as it was very late and throughout this 1.5 hours the food I ordered still had not arrived. At 120/night this isn't acceptable. The staff attitude was terrible but the manager moved me to a better room the following night, worthy of $120. I agree with other commentaries, the beach and the pool view are lovely and there are amenities nearby. But value for money? NO! stay somewhere else and enjoy true Balinese warmth and generosity !

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel is old with no renovation, can see the wall paint cracking, musty smell, old furniture, no service whatsoever (we had to carry our luggages when we checked in and out the hotel).
Good thing is the location, direct to the beach. I also like the breakfast and swimming pool.

1 Thank Robert S

Travelers are raving about these Tanjung Benoa hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am not the sort of person that writes bad reviews, I normally just move on and forget but i actually decided to take time off from my holiday to alert any holiday makers to absolutely not book this place specially if you are paying in dollars. I was charged 150 dollars per night and was expecting at least that it would be clean, well, not at all. I found out that I was paying double than the local travellers and to be honest 75 bucks a night for this dump is still a rip off. My room was a superior room but there was nothing superior about it. After arriving at 12 we were only able to check in at 2 pm because apparently they couldn't find our booking, which I printed and took with me but fair enough. When we walked to our room I was shocked because it didn't look anything like the pictures, the floor was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages, the fridge was broken and empty, the toilet didn't flush and the air con made a horrendous loud sound that kept us up all night, not to mention this is a favorite for Chinese drunken tourists which appear to not understand when we asked them to keep quiet. The staff were not helpful and the pool had rats crossing back and forth around it, which was an awful sight during breakfast which was equally poor. The restaurant was dark and gloomy and I didn't feel it was safe to eat there. I must mention that this is my 3rd trip to Bali and I have stayed in every kind of hotel but never felt so ripped off in my life. We were so frustrated that we left and booked a 5 star place in Nusa Dua. Please keep looking, go elsewhere, don;t book this dump you will regret, it looks NOTHING like the pictures.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M B
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Great staff > sadly they are left to sort out the mess ⁉️ As the wifi was broken for the last 24hrs this made many of the guests dissatisfied with there experience & it amplified other problems . Such as shonky A/C ,noisy fans ,bad plumbing etc etc

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My last 2 days of my Bali trip were a put off because of this hotel.
I had great expectations of this hotel as I had booked this hotel on Agoda looking at the wonderful pictures.
I guess the pictures were take 20 years ago or modified on Photoshop, the rooms are in urgent need of repair and maintenance and there is a musty smell in the rooms.
The shower has no force and hot water was non existent in spite of repeated complaints to the hotel staff.
The hotel staff was not helpful in fixing the room problems or giving us another room.
Please choose Aston or any other hotel in Nusa Dua but not this hotel.
Breakfast was ok and the location on the beach is decent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Great reception, staff are all friendly and helpful. Room clean. Bed very comfortable. When i check into the room is very cool. In front of the hotel so many shop, easy to get food and everything i need. Also close to the water sport place.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 5, 2013

All the basics you need. The personnel always ready to help. Good breakfast (not gargantuesque). An "olympic swimming pool". Very lively surroundings . Lots of restaraurant which can cater for everyone's budget. Numerous mini markets. However, avoid staying there if you want to enjoy swimming in the sea.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
#3 of 25 in Nusa Dua
Ombak Putih Bungalows
Ombak Putih Bungalows
#9 of 16 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to The Oasis Beach? Share your experiences!