“big room and close to nusa dua beach”

Benoa Beach Front Villas & Spa
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Jakarta, Indonesia
“big room and close to nusa dua beach”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

the room is big and i like swimming pool facing the beach. the staff are nice. really enjoy during my staying here..
the location is in quiet place....good for relaxing...faraway from the crowd.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank henita h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
California
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Much like the previous reviews... we found this place to be rather odd. We stayed here for two nights during a 11 day visit to Bali during the Xmas/New Year high season. We stayed here to save a bit of money as the other days of our trip we stayed at the Le Meridien and the Novotel Benoa. With some easy changes this place could become a place much like the original Poppies in Kuta: a very nice boutique hotel. Unfortunately this is not to be as this hotel has a very poorly trained and apathetic staff, subpar rooms and the most basic of food on offer at the breakfast buffet. I would only stay here again if I needed to stay in Benoa and everything else was fully booked.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tanjung Benoa hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This place has so much potential it is frightening. The hotel is beautiful gem nestled between two 5-star Nusa Dua giants, the Conrad and the Santrian. All I could think about during my stay was what a wasted opportunity this was and If I ran the place it would be a license to print money. It has the makings of a perfect boutique hotel where service is king and just by being there you would feel like you were special. Unfortunately, it misses the mark on just about every meaningful scale.

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in mid October. My Bali holiday was perfect, but with no thanks to The Benoa. In fact, had it not been for the surrounding area and the opportunities it afforded along with the fantastic weather, I could easily say this vacation would be a write-off. Thankfully, it was not. If you decide to stay at this resort, do not look too closely at place. If you do, what you will find is a hotel which looks lovely from a distance, but is shabby and poorly kept when viewed up close. The bathroom in our unit was disturbingly dirty. The general cleanliness in our unit over all was poor. The toilet did not work from the start and when I asked for the manager to have a person look at it, the "fix" was no improvement. Water pressure is surprisingly spotty given its location to its giant neighbors.

The on-site restaurant should be one of the best in Nusa Dua by virtue of its location and its view, but it most definitely is not. The cleanliness of the place is questionable and the staff are indifferent and uninspired...for obvious reasons. I took one meal there (apart from the daily breakfast) in the 6 days we stayed there. I was hoping for some redemption from the food, but sadly this was not to be. Breakfast itself was not bad, but it is tough to screw that up. I will say that the eggs I had almost every morning were done very well and to my specifications.

I am generally an easy going guest and I go on the premise that problems will come up from time to time in any establishment. The true measure of a place and its service is not the absence of problems, but how will the staff respond when problems occur. I can say without a doubt that this hotel does not understand the meaning of true customer service. This is really not surprising as there is no one person there who can be considered the General Manager or owner. The place seems to run on the efforts of some good intentioned staff who have no real power to solve a problem and who seem to think that good service is simply making sure they smile a lot and make obscure phone calls to some one who seems to have only a fraction more decision making power than they do. When a problem arises, I want more than just a smile and a promise to have it looked at. I want a solution right now, or a concrete plan to deal with the issue in a timely manner.

I am so terribly disappointed with this place. Not because I hated it, but because I wanted to love it so much. I truly feel that this place is a diamond in the rough. Anybody with an ounce of customer service knowledge and with a vision can make this place a remarkable hotel in what is one of the most beautiful settings in Bali. At this moment I cannot recommend this place. In fact, for not a lot more per night, you would be better served by the Conrad next door. Infinitely better service with an outstanding property. The difference in price per night is so small, it makes no sense to me why anyone would stay at the Benoa knowing the facts. My wife and I will be returning to Nusa Dua, but not to The Benoa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple