4,670 results
All reviews eight degrees south the executive lounge suku restaurant jiwa spa diamond member suites pool evening cocktails infinity chapel lagoon room wedding chapel upgraded to a suite main pool cold towels kids club ocean front water sports main restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is called Conrad but the grounds, rooms, service and staff don’t even equate to a typical Hilton property. While everything looks good on the surface the quality is lackluster and the service leaves much to desire.

During check-in, we were offered an upgraded room, which was more expensive than what the Hilton app was offering prior to arrival. We decided to try the upgraded room which had a nice pool on the balcony and was ocean front. The small plunge pool was cold and dirty. Even after asking for it to be cleaned it was still cloudy. 2 days into our stay water mysteriously started coming from under the wall by the closet. After calling maintenance and waiting around for someone to check it out, they informed us that they were going to have to tear apart the shower and drywall to fix the issue. They needed us to move rooms, but the room wasn’t ready. So instead of enjoying our holiday we were stuck waiting around to change rooms. The room that we were eventually moved to (5 hours later) was a Conrad Pool Suite. Which is supposed to be the second best room in the entire resort. As soon as we turned on the Air Conditioner the room smelled like mold and mildew to the point your eyes hurt. When walking into the bathroom hundreds of sewer/drain flies were everywhere. There was a yellow liquid coming out of the drain in the corner of the bathroom that I was not brave enough to investigate. The moisture/mold problems were so bad drywalls nails were popping and rusting from the ceiling and most of the trim was falling off the walls, doors, etc.

The staffs response, was let’s move you to another room, but it isn’t ready and you need to wait around for another few hours. The manager said that they would remove the upgrade charge from the initial check in. But they never did and when we went to check out the receptionist pretended like she didn’t understand and they would not help us. You can tell that the management at this hotel is non-existent and undertrained. Every room we were in had many broken items(coffee pots, phones, dressers, etc.) and there were bugs/insects(flies, cockroaches, etc.) The staff always responds “certainly” they will fix it, but never do anything. I found hair in a pastry at breakfast

To celebrate my wife’s birthday we booked the Conrad Penthouse with points. While the Penthouse is the best room we experienced at the Conrad Bali, it still leaves much to desire. The standing water under the deck attracts mosquitos and insects. Inside we found flies/spiders. Broken fountains, doorbell, phones, etc. seems ridiculous for the equivalent of $1000 USD per night. We also were left a arrival gift of a bandaid on the side of the pool.

All the pools are very cold temperature and do not have heaters on them. The ocean is pretty from a far but riddled with seaweed, trash and filth. The water sports that they allow on the water poisons the air with the smell of gas and exhaust, which means even if you pay for a cabana you will hear jet skis all day long and smell gas.

I have stayed at many Conrads and Hiltons over the years(diamond member for 10+ years) and this is seriously one of the most disappointing places. It has the potential to be a great destination but falls short on so many levels, summed up with mis-management.

2  Thank Jamie S
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jamie S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is disappointing to note that your experience was not in keeping with our reputation for service and attention to detail. I cannot begin to express enough how truly apologetic we are.
All of the points you mentioned and every detail you shared has been communicated and discussed in depth with our Team. The fact that we were unable to turn your experience around during your stay is an added disappointment for us.
I can assure you that your comments were not only taken seriously, but will be used for team awareness, procedure review and additional training.
Also, I'm sorry that the water sports activities on the public beach in front of our resort have affected your holiday. Unfortunately, we can only influence this to a limited extent.

Whilst we cannot undo the disappointment you felt about what should have been a perfect stay experience, we hope the service recovery option offered goes some way in communicating our deepest apology.

Once again, I would like to express our sincere apologies for the service levels received and would trust that should an opportunity arise in the future to welcome you back to the property, that on this occasion you would enjoy the true hospitality and levels of service for which we are known.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always go back to Conrad because I waS always being treated very well by the hotel staff from the moment I arrive, during breakfast until check out. The quality of service is the best compare to other 5 star hotel I have stayed in Bali.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Wander66484500558,

Thank you very much for having being our guests again and for sharing your kind feedback with us.
Great to see you had a good time and the team looked after you well. I will share your kind words with the team and am sure this will encourage them to continuously deliver great guest experiences.
Thank you again for being our loyal guests and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay started with a bit of a hiccup. We arrived late after a flight and when we arrived at the hotel, we were told we got "upgraded" to a ground floor lagoon view room. However, I booked a deluxe ocean view and requested a high floor. I said thanks, but I'd rather just keep the room I booked. The issue was resolved the following day, and the manager, Yudi, was very helpful. He offered me a free massage or lunch, which I declined. I happy once I was moved to the type of room booked.

The grounds of this place are impressively beautiful. The pools are fabulous, with staff who deliver water and misting spray to your pool lounger. As a diamond member, I had access to the lounges for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. They make the best mojito here. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The staff all greet you when walking past. It doesn't feel forced or fake. We had drinks at the bar by the pool and dinner at Eight Degrees South which was good.

On our second visit before going home (we visited Java before returning to Bali) they went far and above expectations. We got upgraded to an ocean view suite and were given cake, wine, and flowers for our anniversary. If I visit again, I will book the ocean view suite. It would be worth the extra money. It's huge with a living/dining area, bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 3 patios, lounge chairs, and a dipping pool. I would happily stay here again.

Dear Claudia B,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that overall you were happy and satisfied with our resort and the service extended by our team, despite the hiccup you experienced on the first day. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and they were indeed pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time.
Thank you for being our guest, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Bali soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was our first time in Bali and our first time at the Conrad. We were a little bit hesitant as there were some negative reviews in the weeks leading up to our stay but i can say hands down that this resort and it's staff exceeded expectations.

We arrived around 11:30pm and were promptly escorted to the temporary reception with cold towels and welcome drinks, speedy check in and due to being Diamond members we were given a complimentary upgrade to a lagoon access room.

The room was a beautifully decorated, oversized room which compromised of a insanely large bed (bigger than our super king at home!), a huge walk in wardrobe which we took full advantage of, a very large bathroom with a large marble bath tub, walk in shower and separate toilet. there was also a decent office space in the room to work out. One of the best parts about this room was by far the ginormous terrace with large, comfortable seating and direct access to the pool which is shared with about five other rooms but as we were in the corner end bit it felt very private.

The staff left a laughable (in a good way) over the top towel decoration on the bed of swans and teddy's surrounded in fresh flowers which spelled 'Welcome To Bal', a jar of macaroons and a welcome cake. It was an incredible welcome after such long flights.

The grounds for the Conrad are immense, its literally a twelve minute walk through the various gardens and pool areas to the executive lounge and pool, which was nice thing given how beautifully maintained everything is (there are literally tens of staff members at any given time sweeping, water, cutting, planting). There are weddings almost daily which are lovely to see and it is clearly a in demand option for brides.

The restaurants on site were great, the main restaurant is the best for breakfast, we tried the executive dining for breakfast but the walk was not worth the smaller selection. I didn't personally find any favorite themed nights at the main dining area, however the sushi night was incredible, so good we did it twice! Great value if you are sushi lovers as you can order as much as you like (and we really did).

Location is great if you want to be a bit out of the way of the hustle and bustle and just relax but there is plenty of restaurants and shops within a ten minute walk (big shout out to Bobs as they do fantastic ribs and burgers!) There is also a sports bar nearby with great evening music and drinks.

The biggest shout for the Conrad is it's staff members, from the grounds keepers to the fantastic ladies and gents who looked after us every evening for the executive happy hour, they were actively pushing drinks and making sure everyone got a few rounds when they were close to closing. They were all very helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough to make your stay easy and enjoyable.

I would take the negative reviews here with a pinch of salt as some people do have unrealistic expectations and demands, especially concerning children under 12 not being allowed in the executive pool area and restaurants. Speaking personally, there are five pool areas to choose from and there were also a lot of children during various points of the trip and they have fun, make lots of noise, run around and enjoy them selves which is great to see but it is also nice having a peaceful space to go and relax by the pool for those without children, so i feel there are a few over entitled parents giving poor reviews here.

There is only construction going on near the Conrad suites area as they are renovating a large building but they don't start too early or go on too late and you can not hear them from any of the pool areas.

Our first but definitely not the last here

2  Thank Jordan B

Dear Jordan B,

Thank you for your encouraging words. It is an immense pleasure having you as our guests and I am glad that you enjoy your time here so much. It is feedback like yours that encourages us all to continue to deliver great guest experiences. The genuine Balinese hospitality is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to provide a true "home away from home" feeling for our guests. Great to see that you had a great stay and will continue to be our loyal Hilton Guests.

Once again, thank you for mentioning all these great memories that I will share with all the team members. We all look forward to welcoming you back for another inspired experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Hotel is 5 stars, the staff are friendly and very welcoming. The rooms are very neat and the service is great (everywhere ). The pools are big and clean they clean it everyday. I recommend this hotel and resort for buisness, Honeymooners, couples and families.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ConradBaliManager, General Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 286christellef,

Thank you for your overall kind comments. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit soon.