“Very disappointing !”

Meads Beach Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Meads Beach Bar & Grill features the Freshest Seafood & Finest Steaks in Bali! Seafood Cooked-to-order, Tender Juicy Prime Aussie Steaks, Loaded Gourmet Pizza, Meads Classic Burger & Meads Waygu Burger, Awesome Desserts, Seasonal Special Lobster Menu, Ice Cold Beer, Buckets of Beer and Wine By The Glass or Bottle ... Open Daily 8:00AM to 10:00PM Call + 62 361 771 540 for Reservations & Pickup
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Let me preface this with saying that i usually never complain and am not a picky eater. I was looking forward to eating here.

We decided upon Meads based on trip advisor reviews. Unfortunately, i wish we hadn't. We shared an entree of sashimi that was on their "specials" menu, my husband had suckling pig, and i had the seafood duo which consisted of snapper and 3 prawns. The sashimi at approx. 90,000 rp did not taste fresh, either that or it was very poor grade. The suckling pig was average. My fish, while very moist was lacking in flavour and the 3 prawns while tasty, were supposed to have a creamy garlic sauce. I could taste garlic but couldn't find the sauce. Our total bill came to 690,000rp and i think that for that amount of money in bali, you would expect something a bit more than average.

The manager named Alfie came out and asked us what we thought so we gave him our opinion. Unfortunately, i don't think he was willing to take much of what we said to heart, he appeared a bit defensive when we mentioned that the sushi did not taste fresh and told us that we should have said something at the time. I got the impression that he thought we were difficult to please but he couldn't be further from the truth.
In hindsight, perhaps we should have said something right away but we have never complained before and in our 5 trips to Bali, we have always had good dining experiences. We were anticipating that the rest of the meal would be better.

I am a firm believer in that you "get what you pay for", this time however, we paid for it ($ 70.00 ) but didnt get value for money in my opinion. My money has been better spent at Bumbu Bali, Cardamon and Kendi Kuning.

The bottom line is, our food was very average . However the service was excellent as was the ambience. Needless to say, we won't be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank mbrown99
Meadsinbali, General Manager at Meads Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hi Mr & Mrs Brown, thank you for dining at Meads in Bali & we are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the experience, especially as you had booked in advance to have dinner at our restaurant.
Our customer feedback is very important to our business & I can assure you that your comments were taken very seriously both last night in the restaurant & now, having read your review.
We do really appreciate you taking the time to write such a comprehensive review after we did not meet your expectations. We aim to please & constantly strive to do so.
In response, the Tuna was fresh that morning & 3 other guests including myself, had no problem with the freshness or taste. As per the menu,the Seafood Duo consists of Grilled Red Snapper with Garlic King Prawns. If you had asked for a Garlic cream sauce, it would not have been a problem. The suckling pig roast as per your comments was average 'Pub Fare'
We hope you would like to return in the future & not only enjoy our excellent service & ambience but also Meads cuisine, which has been enjoyed by many others.
It is definately a rarity for someone to have had so many disappointing dishes at one time & only say something at the end of the meal & not at the time.
Once again, we thank you for your feedback & the staff appreciate you complimenting them on their service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

On our recent trip to Bali in Feb we had a night at this wonderful restaurant. Very different cuisine from the normal whilst on holiday in Bali. When looking at the Menu we thought we were back in Perth. My husband had Garlic prawns to start and I had the Pate (which is to DIE for). For our main we both had surf and turf as it is very hard to find a good steak in Bali and it didn't disappoint.
The staff are very friendly and Alfie the Manager was a pleasure to meet. So if your in the Nusa Dua area and crave a decent steak we highly recommend Meads. Obviously they are renown for their fish menu but it's what you fancy on the night.
Also they offer a free pick up from your hotel if you are in the Nusa Dua area.
As far as the price you pay for the quality and it's worth it. $100 for two of us with drinks.

1  Thank willis_Gang

Hi to the Willis Gang, thank you for dining at Meads in Bali & we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit so much, especially the Surf & Turf. The Homemade Chicken Liver pate is one of our most popular dishes.
We really appreciate you reccommending others to visit. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Meads have an extenvice menu to suit everyone tastes. Wether you just need a snack or a light lunch or step out for a beautiful relaxing atmosphere of dining you have it all at Meads of Bali

1  Thank kenea

Hi Kenea, thank you for dining at Meads in Bali & good to hear you enjoyed your visits. We really appreciate you reccommending others to try Meads. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Dined at Meads last October & on returning last month, dined most nights.Every meal my wife & I had was was spot on could not wish for better. The staff did an very good job in all aspects including picking us up on time at our resort a couple of kilometers away & returning after. Look forward to next visit. Thanks to Warren Alfie & staff for helping us to enjoy our Bali holiday. Bill & Pam Hatto.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Attended Meads for dinner on a hotel guests recommendation, firstly the free pick up and drop off service is a fantastic idea and hugely appreciated,

Food was amazing, so fresh and tasty, credit to the chefs for letting the natural flavours of the food sing not overpowering it with sauces ect saying that the sauce I had with the enormous prawns I had was sublime and the dish was by far the winning dish of all the meals I had in bali.

Service was outstanding, the wait staff were very efficient and friendly, food was delivered fast and the bintang was icy cold :)

I'm counting down till I return to bali and first restaurant on my list will be Meads!!

Thank you again for a fantastic meal and making us feel so welcome.

1  Thank Daniel_Beswick
Meadsinbali, General Manager at Meads Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi Daniel & Family, thank you for dining at Meads in Bali & for your very comprehensive review. We are especially pleased when guests are recommended by other diners to try Meads & enjoy it so much. Good to hear you enjoyed our Special of the day 'Giant Prawns in Singapore Chilli sauce' & the Icy Cold Bintangs :)
We look forward to receiving your phone call to pick you up to come back to Meads on your next holiday to Bali.