After reading some of the derogatory reports about this hotel that were posted in September and October this year we felt we had to write and share our experiences of the Bali Tropic Resort and Spa with you all.
We have stayed at this typical Balinese hotel 7 times over the past 11 years, usually for a month each visit, and have never had one bad experience. The architecture and gardens are beautiful and well kept there is even a temple in the grounds which makes a wonderfully romantic backdrop during the evening when the meal is set in the gardens. For an extra special occasion we can highly recommend the special meal on the beach, we had this one year to celebrate our 70th birthdays.
We always find the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous and have never had problems with the senior management. On the contrary the management at this hotel are always willing to listen to anyone who has an idea on improving their stay, for example we asked that a full length mirror would be useful in the bedroom, and a couple of days later one arrived – we always stay in room 2049. On our last visit in November this year the hotel was in the process of installing a safe in each room which had been asked for by another traveller. I myself do not think this is necessary as Bali has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, however, please be careful in Kuta where most of the people you meet are not from Bali and you should take care whilst you are there.
Other staff around the hotel: in the restaurants, in the bars, in the spa, are wonderful and are always genuinely happy to see you and they always go out of their way to make your holiday as relaxing as possible.
The beach at the hotel is quiet and clean. There may be some noise from the water sports but this is a minimal background noise and only at one end of the beach so if this annoys you – go to the other end. There are plenty of sun beds all with thatched sunshades to use. The sea is tidal in Bali and because of this the sea does go out with the tide, but this is a great time to do a bit of beach-combing looking for those wonderful seashell memories. The inevitable seaweed and other debris that is washed in with the tide is cleaned from the sand continually.
The level of hygiene around the hotel is extremely high and we have never suffered with upset tummies because of eating here. We always stay all-inclusive and eat at all the restaurants in the hotel and take advantage of the packed lunches that the hotel provide whenever we have days out on trips around the island. The hotel has 4 bars in total and we have never witnessed the staff re-using the dregs of previous drinks when we have used them and we always have ice in our drinks as the water used to make ice in this hotel has been filtered twice and is completely safe.
I am a vegetarian and now the chef is aware of this fact he goes out of his way to cook special dishes and make me aware if there are any animal products in the other dishes, for example if the soup has been made with animal stock he will make another batch using a vegetable stock.
If you are looking for a holiday along the lines of ‘18-30’ where you can have non-stop drinking games watching sports on large screens in a sports bar then this is not the hotel for you, you need to stay in Kuta where there are countless clubs and bars. However if you are looking for a well-run hotel where you can experience the wonderful peace and ambience of Bali and the gracious hospitality of the people of Bali, then the Bali Tropic is ideal.
We have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world. The Peninsular in Bangkok, the Valley Wing of the Shangri-La in Singapore, the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore, Traders in KL, the Grand Marina in Barcelona to name but a few, and we have never experienced any better service or food as we do at the Bali Tropic.
Joan and Colin Armitage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bali Tropic Resort & Spa is both all-inclusive & regular hotel that epitomizes the authentic Balinese architecture and style fringed by powdery white-sand and crystalline seas. It combines nature, rejuvenating spa treatments, Gymnasium, Kids club and a host of recreational activities to give guests the ultimate tropical retreat. Accommodation detail: In 2,8 hectare of land we had 150 rooms which consist of: 34 Deluxe rooms - 46 square meters 96 Deluxe bungalows - 52 square meters 14 Royal rooms - 72 square meters 6 Suite rooms - 83 square meters Food & Beverage Facilities detail : 4 Restaurants & 5 Bars a. Cempaka restaurant & Bar, Balinese & Indonesian serving lunch & dinner b. Soka Restaurant & bar, 24 hrs coffee shop serving international food & drinks c. Ratna Restaurant & bar, Grilled seafood & meats its open for lunch & dinner d. Melati lounge & Bar , Light snack & Creative cocktail bar its open for dinner e. Pool Bar, Its open from 9 am - 18 pm f. Rijasa Lobby Bar, its open from 10 am - 24 pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Tropic Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Tropic Hotel Nusa Dua
- Bali Tropic Resort Spa
- Bali Tropic Resort And Spa Tanjung Benoa