Grand Mirage was a great hotel but... could have been any decent class all inclusive hotel anywhere.
Top tip – as per other reviewers – go for gold level all inclusive. It’s really worth it as you don’t have to worry about paying for anything (food, drinks – and we had lots – or the evening entertainment). Talking to other guests who were on blue level or on B&B, the drinks were fairly expensive. At the end of our week in the Grand Mirage, the only extra we had to pay was for some laundry and that was very reasonably priced.
Inside the hotel is magnificent and looks the part – including the waterfall in the central courtyard. Outside the grounds are immaculately maintained by a large staff. My only gripes were the depth of the pool (2.2m over the largest area is too deep to be sensible!) and the sea grass bottom of the sectioned off sea bathing area.
Apart from that, we had no complaints, at all. Our room (Superior sea view) was just right – being at the left hand side meant that we had a sea view over the gardens away from the noise of the pool area. The staff (with a few exceptions such as one of the bar service ladies) were brilliant and always ready with a smile.
The food was good in all the restaurants – big shout out to the guys in the Jukung Grill (beachside) restaurant who made every lunch time a pleasure.
A few reviews have made mention of the noise of the motorised water sports and it’s true that this does go on during the day, but we didn’t find it obtrusive – if you go for a beach holiday in a commercialised area this is really what you can expect (compare with the tranquillity of the Maya in Ubud which I have also reviewed). Anyway it gave us a chance to Parasail and to try the ‘Fly Fish’, which I have not seen anyone else mention. Basically the ‘Fly Fish’ is like a giant lilo towed behind a speed boat. When it gets up to speed, this lilo takes off and ‘flies’ across the water at up to 20m height for the length of the run (see picture).
Summary: great hotel, great staff and great value (if you go gold level all inclusive)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 Star Bali Resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 301 rooms & suites it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, in the village of Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime positioned only 20 minutes from Bali airport the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods.Offering an almost unlimited choice of fun, entertainment and leisure activities, the Grand Mirage Resort Thalasso Bali is synonymous with value and luxurious comfort.Grand Mirage is offering a whole new class of luxury all inclusive and room and breakfast packages. On top of it, it presents 4 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices.Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali/Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali